Running Windows 7.8. I've been able to retrieve e-mails from Outlook since I created my Outlook a/c a few months ago. Five days ago I got error message 80072F06: Outlook Error - There is a problem with the certificate for col402-m.hotmail.com. It suggested I contact a support person. I phone ed EE who passed me to Orange, who suggested I change the certificate to blu-m.hotmail.com, which I did, but it didn't make any difference. They said they were transferring me to Nokia. When none of the options fitted my query Nokia disconnected. I then messaged Nokia who told me to check the date and time were correct on my phone - they were. After being connected nearly an hour I was told to raise the query with Microsoft as it was out of Nokia's scope. I now get error message 80072EFD and Windows Live is also now not connecting. I am about to backup and restore to factory settings, but I don't understand why nobody can solve this. I've looked all over the internet for these error messages and haven't found any solution. Can anyone help?
    07-30-2014 03:58 AM
    Running Windows 7.8. I've been able to retrieve e-mails from Outlook since I created my Outlook a/c a few months ago. Five days ago I got error message 80072F06: Outlook Error - There is a problem with the certificate for col402-m.hotmail.com. It suggested I contact a support person. I phone ed EE who passed me to Orange, who suggested I change the certificate to blu-m.hotmail.com, which I did, but it didn't make any difference. They said they were transferring me to Nokia. When none of the options fitted my query Nokia disconnected. I then messaged Nokia who told me to check the date and time were correct on my phone - they were. After being connected nearly an hour I was told to raise the query with Microsoft as it was out of Nokia's scope. I now get error message 80072EFD and Windows Live is also now not connecting. I am about to backup and restore to factory settings, but I don't understand why nobody can solve this. I've looked all over the internet for these error messages and haven't found any solution. Can anyone help?
    Hmm.... Try restarting the phone?
    07-30-2014 04:11 AM
    Restart, soft-reset, and reconnect all your accounts. Any combination of these can sold your problem.

Try those before a hard reset (which is what you're considering at this point, no?)
    07-30-2014 04:21 AM
    Restart, soft-reset, and reconnect all your accounts. Any combination of these can sold your problem.

Try those before a hard reset (which is what you're considering at this point, no?)
    Thank you very much. Sorry to be dense, but can you clarify "soft-reset"?
    Last edited by StephenieC; 07-30-2014 at 04:51 AM. Reason: mistype
    07-30-2014 04:39 AM
    Thank you very much. Sorry to be dense, but can you clarify "soft-reset"?
    Sorry for the late reply, my internet is keeping me away.

A soft-reset is accomplished by holding down the vol-down and power buttons at the same time until the phone restarts.
    08-02-2014 07:18 AM