How can I use that alpha version of Cortana here in India.. Please explain

Nihalnova

May 29, 2014
Visit site
As we know Cortana is announced in China & UK as beta & in India it'll come as alpha but I don't know how I'll enable it. Should I change my region to UK or set language as English UK..

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
As we know Cortana is announced in China & UK as beta & in India it'll come as alpha but I don't know how I'll enable it. Should I change my region to UK or set language as English UK..

No, the concept for the Alpha is that you don't have to change the region to get Cortana. I guess we will hear soon how we can sign up for the Alpha. Right now there's no further information regarding this from MS.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
You don't need change your region. UK and China get Cortana next week with the 8.1 GDR1. I guess that the GDR1 will have an option to opt in for Cortana in India.

then we are getting it only next year....😠😠 next week for preview users after 2 or 3 months others...update 1 will available then comes cortana....now still waiting for wp8.1 😠😠

Nihalnova

May 29, 2014
Visit site
then we are getting it only next year....😠😠 next week for preview users after 2 or 3 months others...update 1 will available then comes cortana....now still waiting for wp8.1 😠😠

LOL you're right man. Official LumiaCyan isn't still available for all phones and they have announced Update1, seriously... 😪 But will update with WPDevPreview

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Cortana for India will be in Alpha. If you cannot use Dev Preview, you don't deserve an Alpha product, either.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Cortana for India will be in Alpha. If you cannot use Dev Preview, you don't deserve an Alpha product, either.

its a foolish decision.... update is going on then y should one remain on preview....if china and uk get cortana now what's special for India and other three countries...y we need update for wp8.1 for cortana...can't agree with Ms ....

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
its a foolish decision.... update is going on then y should one remain on preview....if china and uk get cortana now what's special for India and other three countries...y we need update for wp8.1 for cortana...can't agree with Ms ....

That may be because you don't know what Alpha, beta mean. MS is doing everyone a favour by releasing an OS update well in advance to a certain group of people. People have the "choice" to opt in and get this update of "choose" to wait and get it with everyone else. What don't you agree about this?

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
That may be because you don't know what Alpha, beta mean. MS is doing everyone a favour by releasing an OS update well in advance to a certain group of people. People have the "choice" to opt in and get this update of "choose" to wait and get it with everyone else. What don't you agree about this?

i am telling about why we need to have wp8.1 update one..now still all around the world is using cortana by changing region and language...then why should we need new update to use alpha..alpha is not higher than beta it has less features than beta 😠😠😠

Nihalnova

May 29, 2014
Visit site
i am telling about why we need to have wp8.1 update one..now still all around the world is using cortana by changing region and language...then why should we need new update to use alpha..alpha is not higher than beta it has less features than beta 😠😠😠

We should use alpha here in India as it'll produce a firm base for the further development of Cortana.. And I am not willing to access Cortana by changing my region & language as I'll miss all that region exclusive contents.. Time zone & number formatting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos