unbranded phones get updates

W

WPCentral Question

Hello all,iam just searching answer for this question.
Does un branded (which is unlocked from a carrier AT&T or verizon,.) phones get updates in the same time with all other mobiles which are default unbranded or branded ones?.
And also i need to know if i buy in Ebay do i get warranty for that unlocked phone?.
Please kindly share your suggestions i have been searching but i can't get .Thank you.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Does un branded (which is unlocked from a carrier AT&T or verizon,.) phones get updates in the same time with all other mobiles which are default unbranded or branded ones?.
And also i need to know if i buy in Ebay do i get warranty for that unlocked phone?.
Please kindly share your suggestions i have been searching but i can't get .Thank you.

You only get warranty if you buy from an official retailer - Ebay doesn't count as far as that is concerned, unless said official retailer is selling brand new items via Ebay as well.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Unbranded and unlocked carrier phones are two different types of phones. Unlocked means if the phone is SIM unlocked for use on multiple carriers. Unbranded means the ROM/software on the phone does not have any carrier branding or additionally installed software (not necessarily unlocked). You'll get updates only when the rom on the phone gets updated, either from the carrier or from the manufacturer. This does not necessarily guarantee that unbranded phones would get updates faster, in some cases carrier branded phones (locked/unlocked does not matter) get updated earlier than the unbranded ones.

About warranty, if the phone is new and under warranty from the manufacturer/carrier and if the manufacturer/carrier entertains the warranty in you country then you should be fine

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yea... they would only apply to the original buyer as they bought the warranty with the phone. They generally aren't transferrable unless it states clearly in the documentation. The "warranty" on second hand goods from Ebay or Amazon are along the lines of 'if it develops a fault or doesn't work, send it back within 7 days for a full refund', and entirely up to the seller to offer. Personally I would stay away from a seller that doesn't have that option.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about the update question, but I've bought phones off ebay and the only thing I semi-count on are the warranties described by the seller, typically short-term in my experience.
From wherever you buy or whatever is warranty, all update depends on your phone software. If its carrier branded, you are on mercy of your carriers. If its unbranded 'software' (does not depend on any logo or icons on the phone physically), you will get an update once available from MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium