Subscribed calendar refresh time?

Xibir

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello all! Thought this might be a good place to ask this. I'm trying to find out if there's any improvements to the default calendar in 8.1 in the way of subscribed calendar refresh times.

Truth be told, a couple weeks ago I switched from an iPhone 5 to a Lumia Icon. Loved nearly everything about it. However, frustrations with the calendar and syncing events with a subscribed calendar were frustrating enough that I returned it. Well, I miss it and now realize I didn't give it a chance long enough. So I've re-ordered it and it should be in tomorrow.

The problem is this: I could subscribe to my wife's calendar (she uses Google Calendar) in the Calendar section of Outlook.com and her events would show up in the default calendar app no problem. However, she made a bunch of changes, and I saw none of them. Upon further digging I found official MS notes saying the refresh time for subscribed calendars is "24-48 hrs" and can't be changed. What?!? That pretty much makes subscribing to a calendar pointless. If she adds a dinner date for us tonight and my calendar doesn't know about it until 2 days later, seriously, what is the point at all?

So, I thought to myself, I'll just get a third-party calendar app and be done with it when I get the phone in tomorrow. But now I'm just wondering, since a bunch of you have 8.1 or have played with it - is this improved or changed in any way in 8.1? Do I have any control over this refresh time in 8.1 that I didn't in 8? And then on some further related thinking, I'm looking forward to Cortana when the update comes to the Icon, and I'll bet she's just going to work with the default calendar app for event-related things. Can anyone confirm that, or does she work with other calendars as well? If she doesn't, that will kind of squash my third-party calendar idea. :crying:

Basically, I kind of love this phone but trying to keep my calendar up-to-date and synced with my wife's non-Outlook calendar is causing me to lose my hair... Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon