Lumia 1020 Owners!! Check if...

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone!

If you have a Lumia 1020, when you turn on the camera, do you hear a fan-like noise or buzz? It's a faint noise, but when I try to record videos, it's much louder in the video and gets in the way of the quality of the video. It's rather annoying.

I spoke with Nokia support and they told me that the phone should be actively canceling background noise, and that the camera should not be making any type of noise.

So to sum-up: The camera makes a fan-like noise that is very noticeable in videos. According to Nokia, this should not happen, so I am curious to know if anyone else experiences this issue?

If I'm the only one or one of few, I will send my phone for repair. I just don't want to waste a week if all Lumia 1020's make the fan noise and I have the same issue.

So to test it out:
1. Open up the camera then listen for a fan/buzz noise.
2. Record a video in a quiet atmosphere preferably for 5-10 seconds, then listen to the video.
3. Can you hear a persistent fan noise in the background?

Post results here!

Thanks all!

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I just checked my 1020 and yes I can hear a faint fan-like noise but it is really low I haven't noticed it before until I read your post. I actually have to stick my ear to the camera to be able to hear it. I can't really find a quiet place right now to test the video recording but I think my previous recordings were fine. There might be some noise if I listen carefully but not to the point that it's annoying and bothering.

I know this is very basic but I still want to ask have you already tried playing with the audio filtering settings?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs