Remember when Microsoft bought amiga

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
In 1996 I had an Amiga CD32....but it ran into financial trouble and was bought out by Escom...then they ran Into financial difficulties....low and behold the worlds richest man (back then) bought Amiga.... How could we lose now? But....nothing...what the hell happened? Did he buy it just to kill it off as it was a serious threat in the graphics department (not for games but for animation) the Amiga was used to make programmes like babalon 5 and other sci-fi programmes.so what was the deal? Back then Amiga was finally picking up and believe it or not.... Was about to give the first ever playstation a run for its money as games like Doom, quake and other 3D games starting coming out for it and they all ran smooth. Doom and quake was the game for the early 90's...now the Amiga had them too. This was a threat to Microsoft perhaps so they bought it, just to kill it off? I would love to hear other opinions on this. Lets hope the Nokia take over wont result in the same way (not that we Nokia was a competitor as they worked with Microsoft) but you get the idea. So...what the hell happened to MR Gates buying Amiga?

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In 1996 I had an Amiga CD32....but it ran into financial trouble and was bought out by Escom...then they ran Into financial difficulties....low and behold the worlds richest man (back then) bought Amiga.... How could we lose now? But....nothing...what the hell happened? Did he buy it just to kill it off as it was a serious threat in the graphics department (not for games but for animation) the Amiga was used to make programmes like babalon 5 and other sci-fi programmes.so what was the deal? Back then Amiga was finally picking up and believe it or not.... Was about to give the first ever playstation a run for its money as games like Doom, quake and other 3D games starting coming out for it and they all ran smooth. Doom and quake was the game for the early 90's...now the Amiga had them too. This was a threat to Microsoft perhaps so they bought it, just to kill it off? I would love to hear other opinions on this. Lets hope the Nokia take over wont result in the same way (not that we Nokia was a competitor as they worked with Microsoft) but you get the idea. So...what the hell happened to MR Gates buying Amiga?

I don't have any idea what Amiga is. Seems like a gaming console.
But in my perspective the Nokia-Microsoft deal is different. They wont kill Nokia it was only leased by Microsoft for a limited period of time. After that the ownership will goes back to Nokia.
Latest report says that Microsoft will still continue using the Nokia brand name but it will be now "Nokia by Microsoft". Also Nokia has the largest marketshare of Windows Phone among other OEMs (Samsung, HTC) so what is the point of killing Nokia? If they did that they just kill the Windows Phone OS. Ballmer is right Microsoft is gaining momentum that's why they bought Nokia. Marketshare and Apps development has been splendid for the past few years. And Satya Nadella has a commitment of "Mobile First, Cloud First" so there's nothing to worry about. We will expect a major evolution maybe this year or next year,

In my opinion Microsoft is on the right track right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre