Does 8.1 update solve micro SD card duplication prob

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
First ques on wp central as a newbie: I'm a Lumia 520 user on windows phone 8, never tried out the windows dev preview. As my phone is running out of space n I'm preparing it for the windows phone 8.1 update tat is coming soon, I installed n started using a class 10 micro SD card 5days ago. Then the famous duplication problem started, happened to photos, music n videos stored in d card. I hv searched the forums n Microsoft site for solutions but it seems tat it is a bug in d OS. So main ques, does d cyan update solve this problem? If not wat is the best solution?

Last edited:

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
The problem where after inserting a new SD card, files stored in the card duplicates n many copies of the same photos/music appear in the hub 😞 anyone tat doesn't experience this problem at all?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had never heard of this glitch before however my music was duplicated once by an app called Music+ on the Windows Phone Store.

Are you sure the duplication is because of the OS, not because of the apps you have installed?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
From what I know, these duplication problems r caused by the micro SD card & the OS according to some sites, n I hv never experienced the probs before using one. No new apps installed after using the card.thx for the info anyway :)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
First ques on wp central as a newbie: I'm a Lumia 520 user on windows phone 8, never tried out the windows dev preview. As my phone is running out of space n I'm preparing it for the windows phone 8.1 update tat is coming soon, I installed n started using a class 10 micro SD card 5days ago. Then the famous duplication problem started, happened to photos, music n videos stored in d card. I hv searched the forums n Microsoft site for solutions but it seems tat it is a bug in d OS. So main ques, does d cyan update solve this problem? If not wat is the best solution?
I've experienced the duplication glitch for xbox music on 8.1 but that's only happens when the sd card needs to be scanned on the phone. I think it was due to the app sucking so bad. It didn't duplicate anywhere else.

yx520

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced the duplication glitch for xbox music on 8.1 but that's only happens when the sd card needs to be scanned on the phone. I think it was due to the app sucking so bad. It didn't duplicate anywhere else.

how serious is the duplication? Any advice on switching music players to avoid this?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
how serious is the duplication? Any advice on switching music players to avoid this?

I had about 70-100 songs. 10 of the we're being duplicated, a handful being tripled. I even saw it in mix radio. I just really advise you to never cause your phone to ask for a scan by closing the phone of incorrectly or taking out the battery, that's what triggered it in the first place. Xbox music is getting an update for gdr1 which should solve most of our performance issues, for now it's slow to open and buggy. I recommend using mix radio, music+, Muzik and that other one made by the guy who made cal(the best calendar app in the store)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes