Shouldn't we have a makeshift facilitator App on WP to run Android apps?

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I know that several apps are optimizing for WP and are releasing apps but like MeeGo shouldn't WP also get a facilitator App for the time being to run Android Apps so we don't have to wait for the WP App to be released.

rtotheich

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I think a nice solution would be to have an unofficial Android emulator that runs as an app and loads roms like the NES and SNES emulators on WP. It wouldn't be heavy duty, but for the people above who want to run a game or two or me (I want to run a Wi-fi calling app on a European carrier that will never develop a WP app) it would be great to have something to fill in the small gap while still remaining loyal to WP. As for viruses, my concept wouldn't actually RUN the OS, but would emulate its functionality when executing apps. Considering some of the things that have been done on WP, I don't see why a developer working in the homebrew market couldn't figure this out. A developer named Julien Shapps came out with a working notification system back in 2011 when WP7 was new and integrated it with his homebrew. Of course this is warranty-voiding work, but honestly for those who are willing to take the risk and just want the little bit of extra compatibility, I think it would be a hit.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think a nice solution would be to have an unofficial Android emulator that runs as an app and loads roms like the NES and SNES emulators on WP. It wouldn't be heavy duty, but for the people above who want to run a game or two or me (I want to run a Wi-fi calling app on a European carrier that will never develop a WP app) it would be great to have something to fill in the small gap while still remaining loyal to WP. As for viruses, my concept wouldn't actually RUN the OS, but would emulate its functionality when executing apps. Considering some of the things that have been done on WP, I don't see why a developer working in the homebrew market couldn't figure this out. A developer named Julien Shapps came out with a working notification system back in 2011 when WP7 was new and integrated it with his homebrew. Of course this is warranty-voiding work, but honestly for those who are willing to take the risk and just want the little bit of extra compatibility, I think it would be a hit.

You do know the nes and snes emulators are in WP app store right? The playstation is a great one too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6