0x80188308 can't update to gdr 1

DanielQuLi

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here, can't upgrade from my WP 8.1 Developer Preview, with error message "It's probably a temporary problem. To try again, go to Settings > Phone Update (0x80188308)" despite trying numerous times in the last two days.

Mars2003

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So 10 days later and no update from Microsoft past the sit tight tweet from Joe B. Poor communications are really taking the shine away from the DP program.
A simple snippet saying it's proving hard to fix and to continue waiting is all that is needed.
Instead most folks are off down the software recovery tool route.
I too will quite happily take this route if the fix is never coming. But I'd much rather wait if it means I don't lose anything from my phone.
Hey Microsoft, take this down, how you handle problems is probably more important than never having a problem.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Depending where your from (I am from England) I would recommend using Nokia recovery then go to 8.1 with cyan. Be aware of one thing. I got 9 free games with a promotion code. But couldn't download them again it wouldn't let me and now I have to buy them despite having them for free. If you don't have any free games via promotion then the roll back to 8.0 and update to 8.1 with cyan is so easy and friendly

Sive Mwanda

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Times like these when one seriously contemplates a move to either Android or IOS, The lack of communication from Microsoft is just frustrating, worst of all, my L920 prompts me to update everyday and I run into the same error every single time.

Windows always takes one step forward, and three steps back with their updates.

paulinoz

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Well put Mars2003. Its a DP so I'm fine with it having bugs, but its been three weeks and no sign of a fix and minimal comms while others get on with the preview. "Could do better" MS.
Still a great OS though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium