Your credentials didn't work

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone !
I'm trying to use "Remote Desktop" but when try I to connect I got this message "Your credentials didn't work".
I tried to find a solution online but none worked ! HELP ME PLEASE !

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
put the domain in front of your username i.e. "WORK\user123". This is normal error if you're using the wrong username and/or password.

Also make sure that the username you're using has access to connect remotely to that PC. You need to enable this in the PC's remote settings.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
In system properties, is the box that mentions Network Level Authentication ticked? If it is, try it unticked.

Also, if the name on your MS account has a space in, only use your first name as the username in the remote desktop app, as that's how Windows recognises it for those purposes.

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
In system properties, is the box that mentions Network Level Authentication ticked? If it is, try it unticked.

Also, if the name on your MS account has a space in, only use your first name as the username in the remote desktop app, as that's how Windows recognises it for those purposes.

I unticked it but didn't work either.
And I just want to know what is my "Domain"

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah still nothing.
so :
All the parameters on my PC ( firewall, system properties...) are okay
Computer name and username are okay
So why isn't it working !!
( And by the way sorry if I'm bothering you with all my questions )

Jaideep Dhumal

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I was getting the same error message while trying to use the app.
I realised that I didn't have a password for my computer so I created one and it worked.
In the username field, enter 'Computer name\User'. e.g xyz-pc\abc
In the password field, enter the password you just created for your computer account.
I hope this helps you :)

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks David! I have spaces in my Microsoft Account name, so I just entered the first word only and it worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes