Still dont have Cortana in the UK?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I updated my phone (HTC 8X) yesterday to the latest update and I had heard that in this update Cortana was now available in the UK and sure enough two of my friends have Cortana, however I still do not have it and have no option to enable it. So how exactly do it get it?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I updated my phone (HTC 8X) yesterday to the latest update and I had heard that in this update Cortana was now available in the UK and sure enough two of my friends have Cortana, however I still do not have it and have no option to enable it. So how exactly do it get it?

Firstly windows phone 8.1 update 1 has been paused by Microsoft (only fr HTC devices ) due to firmware issues so I don't think the latest updates for your devices is 8.1update 1. Cortana is enabled for uk region for users running developers preview 8.1 update 1 build. Post your build version . Go to settings about phone..and post a screenshot so that we can understand which build you are using....
If you are using 8.1 cyan firmware...then you can try changing your region settings to US and language and also speech to English US. And then reboot your phone...inly then you can get Cortana.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Most people in America still don't have Cortana. I know people with Icon's and because of the developer preview issues, they cannot update yet. Verizon needs to get their act together and release cyan already.

James Fovargue

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Firstly windows phone 8.1 update 1 has been paused by Microsoft (only fr HTC devices ) due to firmware issues so I don't think the latest updates for your devices is 8.1update 1. Cortana is enabled for uk region for users running developers preview 8.1 update 1 build. Post your build version . Go to settings about phone..and post a screenshot so that we can understand which build you are using....
If you are using 8.1 cyan firmware...then you can try changing your region settings to US and language and also speech to English US. And then reboot your phone...inly then you can get Cortana.

OK thank you, I will try and play about with the regional settings. And here is my firmware information if that helps in any way :) firmware.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb