Battery Gold Plate?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi there!

I am currently working on repairing my Nokia Lumia 920's Digitizer/Glass screen I shattered. I took everything apart properly and re-assembled it properly, but I couldn't replace the screen because I didn't have a T3 screw driver. But while I was disassembling it, I noticed that there was a gold plate over my connection from the battery to the motherboard. This connection seemed to be glued to the motherboard.

Just out of curiosity, is this gold plate for wireless charging? And do I necessarily have to remove the gold plate and battery to get to the point of replacing the screen?

Some input would be fantastic!
Thanks!
Aaron

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the wireless charging module is in the L920 back shell, not in the board. If you see a big white plastic film in the back shell... underneath of that lies the Qi module.

About replacing the screen, you just need to peel off the golden sticker a little (Right side only) in the part that the battery connector goes, is not necessary to take off the whole golden sticker. Then you can find the battery connector and take it off in order to replace the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss