Cyan: GDR 1 via DP comparable to 8.1 via DP? L920

dextrr

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
So once my 920 gets 8.1 I obviously dont want to wait long for GDR1. I didn't get 8.1 via DP because of battery issues and not wanting to have a potentially buggy preview running. Question is, will GDR 1 contain any hardware specific stuff, or can I just get on DP right away, and be totally up to date (without having to fear battery/other hardware related issues)? Also, if it's not device specific, can one expect GDR1 to roll out for all devices rather simultaneously?
Thanks

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's an update to the OS only, so no carrier intervention should be required. Some say there are various issues and some have none (I'm luckily in the 'none' category. But it is firmware specific in a way... as it's an update to 8.1 it will require the Cyan firmware, which brings 8.1 to the non-developer preview users in the first place.

As for wait times - I think it will be a few months before it's at general release status (ie publicly available to all). Obviously will depend on how long it takes them to roll out Cyan to everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss