"Other storage" in the storage check is increasing day by day on lumia 720 with WP8 :( :(

prasad padiyar

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
"Other storage" in the storage check is increasing day by day on lumia 720 with WP8 :( :(

Hi,

The other storage in the storage check is increasing day by day.
I have not installed an apps. But every day i see that the count is increasing.

Once because of this there was no storage left on the device and none of the apps were opening. Not even i was able to make any calls. Then already I did a factory reset once almost a month back and again i see now that only some 300mb of free space remaining.

What is the solution for this hidden file storage. ?

prasad padiyar

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
re: "Other storage" in the storage check is increasing day by day on lumia 720 with WP8 :( :(

For past few days i have not installed any apps, rather i have uninstalled them to get some 100mb of free space during which the free space was only 150mb. Now its around 300mb free space left and reducing all the way. All my photos and media have got storage in sd card. I have only quite a few apps installed. maybe some 8 of them ! And i rarely use them too apart from whatsapp and facebook.

Any idea what is actually filling this others.?? Is there any way i can free those space now. ?? I ask this because, I want to avoid another factory reset!!

Thanks for the reply though. Yes I am from India, but from Karnataka.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
re: "Other storage" in the storage check is increasing day by day on lumia 720 with WP8 :( :(

Storage check isn't very reliable.
It seems to not read temp file memory dumps correctly so this shows as "other" piling up.

Usually deleting temp files then soft resetting the phone will reduce the amount of "other" reported by storage check.
Storage check's best use is for saving maps to devices that are SD card capable.
Other than that it's not a very good app...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos