Nokia Lumia 920 random freezez/ become unresponsive

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

recently i have been facing random screen freezing problem with my lumia 920. i love the phone until now i hadn't faced any issue. but from 2 days i have been annoyed by the random freezing of the phone. recently i have updated the phone to 8.1 update 1 after that the phone worked fine for one day. the next day it becomes unresponsive and the display hangs. i have done soft and hard reset but still the problem stays.
what really happens is while im navigating normally through my phone .open any app or game or types any text the screen freezes. All i have to do is press the power button twice to get the display back. it then works fine for about a minute and then hangs again.. it doesn't allow me to do anything at all.. read many forums . had tried uninstalling the recently installed apps.
don't understand whether its due to the update or anything else. kindly suggest me a solution for this problem.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
recently i have been facing random screen freezing problem with my lumia 920. i love the phone until now i hadn't faced any issue. but from 2 days i have been annoyed by the random freezing of the phone. recently i have updated the phone to 8.1 update 1 after that the phone worked fine for one day. the next day it becomes unresponsive and the display hangs. i have done soft and hard reset but still the problem stays.
what really happens is while im navigating normally through my phone .open any app or game or types any text the screen freezes. All i have to do is press the power button twice to get the display back. it then works fine for about a minute and then hangs again.. it doesn't allow me to do anything at all.. read many forums . had tried uninstalling the recently installed apps.
don't understand whether its due to the update or anything else. kindly suggest me a solution for this problem.

Did you download the live lock screen beta app from Ms? My 920 started doing that a couple days after downloading that app. Kept doing it. Uninstalled the app and hasn't happened since.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Do a soft reset and make sure the lock screen is set back to normal under settings. Can't remember the change but after uninstalling the live lock screen app there was still something it had changed I had to change back in settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett