Artist Background

A

Anonymous

alright i know this is gonna be one inane question, but i am sort of tired of figuring out a way to put the artist artwork on my music files. only way i found through google was this third party app MPATool. but i just wanted to know if there was some other way to do it without a third party app. xbox music app won't update the artist background, i tried wmp, itunes, zune player but i can't seem to find any option to add an artist image, and apparently album art doesn't work on background, it would only show the artist background and since i can't find any, it is ugly grey in the whole xbox music app, is so annoying!

Sam Welsey

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
yes that is pretty stupid.isn't there any app for the desktop that allows us to edit the info manually and then sync the music on our devices! i am not exactly having any beef with Microsoft but the desktop app is pretty lame and useless. c'mon the default music app and still no solution, great just made my life

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is the fix. Search for the artist in the store. Add one of their songs to your collection. Check the artist on your phone. You should have a Background now. After that delete the song you added to the collection. Repeat this for every artist in your collection and you will get an artist background for your songs. It should be less frustrating now that xbox music has been updated today.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
If you're running wp8, I recommend jumping up to wp8.1 you can then finally add all the artist images and album art you want, without a third party app. There is a trick to do so, and it worked very nicely for me. Just search in the forums for it.

P.S. There are already a crapload of threads related to this exact same discussion. You can also refer to them.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
If you're running wp8, I recommend jumping up to wp8.1 you can then finally add all the artist images and album art you want, without a third party app. There is a trick to do so, and it worked very nicely for me. Just search in the forums for it.

P.S. There are already a crapload of threads related to this exact same discussion. You can also refer to them.

Unfortunately that trick is dead since the latest Xbox music update

Sam Welsey

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
that clearly needs xbox music pass and mine expired a month ago. so you are telling me i will need to buy the service just to get the artist info, well that sounds just perfect!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
that clearly needs xbox music pass and mine expired a month ago. so you are telling me i will need to buy the service just to get the artist info, well that sounds just perfect!
It doesn't. It just greys out the song I added to the collection and keeps the artist info on the phone when I delete the song. I don't have an xbox music pass.

ptptpt4

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't. It just greys out the song I added to the collection and keeps the artist info on the phone when I delete the song. I don't have an xbox music pass.

That's assuming you're in a country where Xbox Music is available as a service. I wonder if there's a way to do it elsewhere, or are we going to be stuck with grey forever?

naveen felix

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Try mp3 tag it is an app that allows you to edit the songs in your desktop.after that u can copy them to your phone..ll work just right.and regarding the bg,after the update I'm not able to add artist info to my collections.actually i don't find the add to option at all in the store of xbox music.frm india..help wd b gr8...!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Try mp3 tag it is an app that allows you to edit the songs in your desktop.after that u can copy them to your phone..ll work just right.and regarding the bg,after the update I'm not able to add artist info to my collections.actually i don't find the add to option at all in the store of xbox music.frm india..help wd b gr8...!

Have you tried holding on the title of one of the songs of the artist?

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
1. no need of music pass or any goddamn thing for the tip to work.
2. it does not require you region to have xbox music pass services and other stuff (works fine in India where none of the xbox entertainment services are available)
3. its the most foolproof technique there is yet (I f!#king love it!!)
4. If in anycase it doesn't work in your region, switch your region to US and try.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just checked. Yes, the option has been removed in the latest update. Why is Microsoft screwing with us. I'm so friggin pissed!!!!

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
2. it does not require you region to have xbox music pass services and other stuff (works fine in India where none of the xbox entertainment services are available)
4. If in anycase it doesn't work in your region, switch your region to US and try.

Hope this helps.

What is the trick? Care to explain?

naveen felix

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just checked. Yes, the option has been removed in the latest update. Why is Microsoft screwing with us. I'm so friggin pissed!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6