Artist Background

A

Anonymous

alright i know this is gonna be one inane question, but i am sort of tired of figuring out a way to put the artist artwork on my music files. only way i found through google was this third party app MPATool. but i just wanted to know if there was some other way to do it without a third party app. xbox music app won't update the artist background, i tried wmp, itunes, zune player but i can't seem to find any option to add an artist image, and apparently album art doesn't work on background, it would only show the artist background and since i can't find any, it is ugly grey in the whole xbox music app, is so annoying!

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
HEY Y'ALL! I'VE FOUND A FIX

Now that I've got your attention, do this.
1. Search the artist in the store using your phone.
2. Put any song on streaming by tapping the album.
3. Tap on the bottom 3 dots (...) in the now playing screen, and at the very bottom, there is an option of add to collection.

Enjoy!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is the fix. Search for the artist in the store. Add one of their songs to your collection. Check the artist on your phone. You should have a Background now. After that delete the song you added to the collection. Repeat this for every artist in your collection and you will get an artist background for your songs. It should be less frustrating now that xbox music has been updated today.

This trick only works with windows phone 8.1?. 8 users should just use the default music app. Doesn't mpa tool work with 8.0?

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Mpatool works for me even on 8.1 when I change the artist image and then turn the artist lock screen image off and on again.

wp_ss_20140810_0001.jpgwp_ss_20140810_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140810_0003.jpg

Nizam95

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I just imported my music from my PC, downloaded Mpatool, added images from one of the sources/deleted the dummy file, and went to Settings > Lock Screen > Show artist when playing music and turned that off and then on again.

Worked for me :p
Wow it works!! Thanks dude. It also found my long lost artist lock screen that I add when I'm on 8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05