09-29-2014 04:11 PM
27 12
tools
    Does anyone know when will arrive update with Live Folders to Nokia Lumia phones with Lumia Cyan???
    (GDR1 Update - Preview for Developers)
    Thanks in advance.
    08-10-2014 12:51 PM
    Nobody knows when carriers will send it out, but why not just sign up for the Preview for Developers program and get it right now?
    08-10-2014 01:01 PM
    Nobody knows when carriers will send it out, but why not just sign up for the Preview for Developers program and get it right now?
    OS updates aren't touched by carriers, they come direct from MS. I reckon it will be a few months before it's released to the public.
    08-10-2014 01:04 PM
    I have Preview For Developers three months. When Lumia cyan official come to my model, I don't have update.
    I downgraded to windows phone 8.0 and updated to official 8.1 cyan and now I don't have live folders...
    08-10-2014 01:06 PM
    I have Preview For Developers three months. When Lumia cyan official come to my model, I don't have update.
    I downgraded to windows phone 8.0 and updated to official 8.1 cyan and now I don't have live folders...
    Live folders comes with the Update 1 preview.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-10-2014 01:09 PM
    I know... But GDR1 - Update 1 will be realized only to developer preview users or for cyan too?
    08-10-2014 01:11 PM
    All you need to do is download the Preview For Developers app again, activate it and check for updates. It will show Update available, which is the one that has live folders.

This will NOT remove Cyan from your phone. You will still have Cyan. It's firmware unrelated to the OS version.
    08-10-2014 01:13 PM
    I know... But GDR1 - Update 1 will be realized only to developer preview users or for cyan too?
    Only Developer preview will get GDR 1 update. So to install it on your phone, you must enable developer preview.
    NOTE : Even though u have cyan, you must enable developer preview to get GDR 1 at the moment. MS will release the final update OTA after a few months.
    08-10-2014 01:19 PM
    Then, I will have official cyan with preview for devs live folders...
    Will Live folders be officialy on cyan sometime in the future (Without Preview)?
    How can I remove ONLY Preview for developers updates and stay ONLY on cyan? ...and download official update (when it come)?
    08-10-2014 01:19 PM
    Then, I will have official cyan with preview for devs live folders...
    Will Live folders be officialy on cyan sometime in the future (Without Preview)?
    How can I remove ONLY Preview for developers updates and stay ONLY on cyan? ...and download official update (when it come)?
    At present the only way to remove it is by doing the downgrade thing. However, when it's officially released I'm sure there will be some minor update that brings the Preview version in line with that, so you would no longer be on the Preview version.
    08-10-2014 01:32 PM
    How to downgrade directly to cyan from Preview?
    I can only downgrade to wp8.0 via nokia software recovery tool, NOT on wp8.1 (I don't know why because now is cyan available)
    08-10-2014 01:43 PM
    Until the app is updated for downgrading to Cyan, that's the only way it can be done.
    08-10-2014 01:47 PM
    What do you think - When will official Over-The-Air GDR1 Update come to lumia cyan users without Preview app?
    08-10-2014 01:52 PM
    What do you think - When will official Over-The-Air GDR1 Update come to lumia cyan users without Preview app?
    No one knows that except Microsoft.
    NokiaLumiaUser likes this.
    08-10-2014 02:00 PM
    Maybe by November.
    08-10-2014 02:08 PM
    Currently there is an app called Files. For now the update in the developer preview, is just that. A developer preview. If you are okay with minor bugs and have lumia cyan already then head on over to the Developer Preview for the gdr1 update.
    08-10-2014 02:25 PM
    Currently there is an app called Files. For now the update in the developer preview, is just that. A developer preview. If you are okay with minor bugs and have lumia cyan already then head on over to the Developer Preview for the gdr1 update.
    'Files' is a file manager. Nothing to do with live folders.
    08-10-2014 02:37 PM
    If I would install developer preview app and download update, I will have GDR1 with live folders...
    But when official OTA windows phone update for cyan arrive, with live folders, I want to install them... How?
    Will I have an update in settings / or I must to downgrade to windows 8.0 (+update to 8.1 and to GDR1 again)
    08-10-2014 02:57 PM
    If I would install developer preview app and download update, I will have GDR1 with live folders...
    But when official OTA windows phone update for cyan arrive, with live folders, I want to install them... How?
    Will I have an update in settings / or I must to downgrade to windows 8.0 (+update to 8.1 and to GDR1 again)
    You'll have an update in settings.
    08-10-2014 03:02 PM
    But why I didn't receive an update in settings yesterday - developer preview to cyan?
    Lumia cyan was ready for my model and... I had developer preview 8.1 with GDR1 and no update in settings..
    I downgraded to 8.0 and updated to cyan...
    That's the reason of this question..
    Lumia 1020 is phone.
    08-10-2014 03:08 PM
    But why I didn't receive an update in settings yesterday - developer preview to cyan?
    Lumia cyan was ready for my model and... I had developer preview 8.1 with GDR1 and no update in settings..
    I downgraded to 8.0 and updated to cyan...
    That's the reason of this question..
    Lumia 1020 is phone.
    That was the problem Microsoft told about, considering that people with bitlocker enabled on their phone(and having dev preview) caused their phone to get bricked when they updated to cyan. So they altogether stopped pushing out OTA updated for everyone running dev preview. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and by November, you'll be able to get the update normally without downgrading.
    David P2 likes this.
    08-10-2014 03:23 PM
    Thanks. Now, in nokia software recovery tool, people can downgrade to 8.0...
    What do you think - will they update the program soon and people can downgrade to 8.1 (Who have cyan latest)?
    08-10-2014 03:27 PM
    I have it already. I just needed to register my device as a developer. Pretty nice update i feel the cellphone even faster..wp_ss_20140725_0002.png
    08-10-2014 03:34 PM
    Thanks. Now, in nokia software recovery tool, people can downgrade to 8.0...
    What do you think - will they update the program soon and people can downgrade to 8.1 (Who have cyan latest)?
    Maybe when the global rollout for cyan is complete, then they may update the program.
    08-10-2014 03:43 PM
    Does anyone know when will arrive update with Live Folders to Nokia Lumia phones with Lumia Cyan???
    (GDR1 Update - Preview for Developers)
    Thanks in advance.
    I'd suggest you to go for Dev Preview. I am using it and it works pretty good. I don't see any reason to go for any "Consumer" version when Betas have more options and work just fine. Give it a try if you wish.
    08-12-2014 01:44 AM
27 12