Lumia Icon Battery Life

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Recently my Icon's battery life has been getting shorter. The estimated hours drops from 14 hours at 100% to 8 hours remaining at 91%. I tried two soft resets and also deep cycled the battery. What else can I do? Is it a problem with the battery or simply the firmware? (I.e will Cyan fix it? I am NOT using 8.1 DP.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
The estimated time left is not accurate from what I have observed. I have pretty good battery life with my Icon on 8.1 in comparison with a 720 I had before which had really good battery life.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've discovered that messaging and social apps are battery killers, especially WhatsApp. Basically anything with push notifications and background syncing drains the battery faster, which is understandable for push notifications I think.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I've started to disable anything running in the background that I don't need constantly going. I'm just worried that my battery is shot and I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Modern batteries are smart so they stop taking charge once full, preventing overcharging and overheating. What kills batteries is heat and using up the (charge) cycles from letting the battery drop too low.

EDIT: In short, charging overnight is fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital