Need A New Phone

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am currently on t Mobile customer but I may need to switch to AT&T.

I have a 925 but id like to upgrade to something better. I really like the 1020 but it basically has the same specs except for the camera. The 635 is too low end. The screen actually hurts my eyes. And the 1520 is too big. I've held it and it will be impossible for me to multitask with that thing. The icon is only on Verizon. The 930 isn't in the US......hahaha so any ideas?

I find that 500+ dollars for the 1020 seems a little high

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
IIt will work fully with att in the united states? All bands are fully supported? Can someone in the united states even purchase a 930? Has anyone done camera comparisons with the 930 and 1020? Does the 1020 still win?

Not sure about lte band just google the frequency for At&t's lte and check the frequencies for the 930. Should be a great camera, will hold its own with any other in the market..except the 1020. The 1020 is I a league of its own. Just look for a seller from the UK or Nokia UK to buy one.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would hold onto the 925 just a little longer, I've the same predicament I want to upgrade to a new WP but their is nothing that is tempting me atm because my 925 does everything I need it to do and more, I have even thought about trying an android phone for a while then jumping back to WP within a year to see what changes and what new phones have been released on WP, while still keeping hold of my 925 of course :)

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I would hold onto the 925 just a little longer, I've the same predicament I want to upgrade to a new WP but their is nothing that is tempting me atm because my 925 does everything I need it to do and more, I have even thought about trying an android phone for a while then jumping back to WP within a year to see what changes and what new phones have been released on WP, while still keeping hold of my 925 of course :)

My issue isn't so much as getting an upgrade as it is me possibly needing to switch carriers. I was missing like 30 calls today. My girlfriend called me repeatedly and it didn't even show that I was being called. I'm not sure if that is network related or because I'm running the dev preview I wonder if I went back to 8 if it would work better connectivity wise. Anyone know if that is an issue?
And to clarify my 925 is the tmo variant. Also WiFi calling at least on the Dev preview doesn't seem reliable.
I also have a 635 but like I said the screen resolution hurts my eyes after a while because I do a lot of work and reading on my phone.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am currently on t Mobile customer but I may need to switch to AT&T.

I have a 925 but id like to upgrade to something better. I really like the 1020 but it basically has the same specs except for the camera. The 635 is too low end. The screen actually hurts my eyes. And the 1520 is too big. I've held it and it will be impossible for me to multitask with that thing. The icon is only on Verizon. The 930 isn't in the US......hahaha so any ideas?

I find that 500+ dollars for the 1020 seems a little high

I might switch to Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T take to long getting and flagships Windows phone.

On August 19 just pick up the HTCOne M8. I might do the same.

I love my Lumia 925 but it is getting old And the 930 is not available in the US.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My issue isn't so much as getting an upgrade as it is me possibly needing to switch carriers. I was missing like 30 calls today. My girlfriend called me repeatedly and it didn't even show that I was being called. I'm not sure if that is network related or because I'm running the dev preview I wonder if I went back to 8 if it would work better connectivity wise. Anyone know if that is an issue?
And to clarify my 925 is the tmo variant. Also WiFi calling at least on the Dev preview doesn't seem reliable.
I also have a 635 but like I said the screen resolution hurts my eyes after a while because I do a lot of work and reading on my phone.

Its a tower issue.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Its a tower issue.

Is it though? My WiFi calling wasn't even really working. I reverted back to 8 to see if there is any difference. Which kills me lol because I like 8.1 especially from being a 5 year android writer and user. 8.1 is actually what made me switch. At the end of the day though a Dev preview is a Dev preview.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I might switch to Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T take to long getting and flagships Windows phone.

On August 19 just pick up the HTCOne M8. I might do the same.

I love my Lumia 925 but it is getting old And the 930 is not available in the US.

The Icon on Verizon is the same as the 930. Great camera, 2gig ram actually just a 1520 in a smaller package.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Is it though? My WiFi calling wasn't even really working. I reverted back to 8 to see if there is any difference. Which kills me lol because I like 8.1 especially from being a 5 year android writer and user. 8.1 is actually what made me switch. At the end of the day though a Dev preview is a Dev preview.

If you were calling over WiFi, probably not. But I have had this happen even on a no smart phone occasionally. Or even vm pop up but no missed call, or text message never come across then randomly several days later it pops up.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If you were calling over WiFi, probably not. But I have had this happen even on a no smart phone occasionally. Or even vm pop up but no missed call, or text message never come across then randomly several days later it pops up.
Unless you are looking to buy a phone on contract the 930 will work fine on At&t and tmobile.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
The Icon on Verizon is the same as the 930. Great camera, 2gig ram actually just a 1520 in a smaller package.

I would love to own and icon. The only problem is I can't stand Verizon. Great phone though. I'm just so stressed that I removed the Dev preview. Not sure if I'll like WP without it haha because right now I love it.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I know that but it is running on a snap dragon 800. That's old.

This new HTCOne M8 will run on snap dragon 801.

And 32 GB of storage with expandable 128GB SD card slot. Remarkable.

Confirmed by Daniel

HTC One for Windows gets Cortana integration with DOT VIEW case and specs confirmed | Windows Phone Central

True... The 801 has a slight increase in speed but I don't think you would even notice it on Windows OS. I am curious how the M8 works on WinOS. I was really surprised HTC even made a the M8 Windows phone. If anyone has one give us your opinion on it...

Would have been nice to have external storage but 32Gig is plenty for me will hold hundreds of Hi Res pics... Plus I backup my phone regularly.

iHeartBretski

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just so everyone knows. I downgraded my lumia 925 to wp8. And 8.1 is so much better. As someone who has used high end Android devices the last 5 years, 8.1 is actually a game changer. I want a flagship lumia and I want it now haha. I might actually use my lumia 635 just for 8.1 I feel its that good.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss