bugs with WP 8.1 update 1 dev preview

W

WPCentral Question

I am a nokia lumia 720 user from India. Few days ago I have installed windows phone 8.1 update 1 dev preview (earlier i had windows phone 8.1 dev preview). After the update I am unable to use internet explorer 11 (of my mobile) with cellular network (but IE 11 works fine with wifi network). Cortana (alpha) is n't woking with speech language english(UK). It simply open & when I touch the microphone symbol, it displays a error msg that is "sorry, speech failed to start try again later" with an error no.-80045052 & also when I touch the box & type somthing for search, it displays a error msg,"sorry, speech failed to start try again later" with an error code no.-80070057 (If I change the language to english(us)/english(india), bing search opens in place of cortana). Also i am not able to open the "display" option in "settings".

Amey Shitole

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here on my Lumia 630 in India. Speech changed to UK. Even if I search on Cortana it gives me the same error which is weird as I'm not even using speech. BTW I'd used beta by changing region and language to US before. When the alpha came around I reverted back to my original region and language. That's when the problem started....

gs400xr

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
8.10.14157.200 Just installed this latest release on my Huawei W1, my opinion same crap different version number. No improvements, no bugs cured what is the point ? SD card still not seen at restart, still cannot save mms apn settings,battery power although 100 seen as dicharged stoping reliable reboot=half phone functions unusable and no progress by m$. How much longer? Will 8.1 ever work?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, everyone is searching for bug fixes they claim to include in this release and guess what, no one knows it yet :p
This made me think if this update was actually an UPDATE or just a change in version number :-D

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
8.10.14157.200 Just installed this latest release on my Huawei W1, my opinion same crap different version number. No improvements, no bugs cured what is the point ? SD card still not seen at restart, still cannot save mms apn settings,battery power although 100 seen as dicharged stoping reliable reboot=half phone functions unusable and no progress by m$. How much longer? Will 8.1 ever work?

Works very well on my 920, thank you.

Some people, including obviously you folks, are having problems because of installation issues. If soft resets don't clear the issues, the escalation path is hard reset with restore, hard reset without restore, and full phone reinitialization with the Nokia Recovery Tool. If the last doesn't work, I'd strongly suspect a hardware issue with the phone, but I don't know that that's the only cause.

You all have my sympathies, and I wish you the best of luck in fixing your phones.

TuanLVT

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
does anyone have a problem with IE11 on Nokia Lumia 1020 with windows phone 8.1.1 dev preview?
at first i didnt have any problem when i switched from mobile browsing to desktop browsing it worked fine and when i wanted to move it back to mobile browsing it says it has been switched but no it hasnt... on the website that needs mobile browsing on tells i dont have mobile browsing on and ihave to switch the mobile browsing on... on the option i still have the mobile browsing on... anyone have the same problem?

gs400xr

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
No you hit the nail on the head works on your lumia 920. Nokia + M$ = same company, although they can't even get it right on ALL Models of their own phones. M$ quote last year wp8.1 will be available to ALL EXISTING WP8 OWNERS!!!! ,, not just a few selected nokia's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett