Lumia 1520 heating up

ravi60

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Can anybody help me understand why my phone has been heating up lately.i have installed the 8.1 cyan update and ever since the phone has been heating around the camera lens area. Any suggestions for what I can do about it. Help anyways appreciated.

oboboy14

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had/am currently having that same problem. I don't think its any apps that I've installed recently as its not always happening, and that has been the problem before. I think its happened a couple of times with apps not being killed, especially the HERE maps and drive apps. I've power cycled it a few times and that's seemed to have helped. Do you also charge it up to 100% all the time? I've noticed my phone will heat up sometimes if I do, and I'm running the official Cyan update. Let me know if any of those work for you!

ravi60

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
What's a power cycle?
And yes I charge it up to 100% everytime but now the problem only occurs when I open a certain apps like the Nokia camera 📷, internet explorer, and games which causes the heating around the lens area.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Out of nowhere my wife's 920 started drawing about 15% per hour. She is still on 8.0.
Two days in a row I soft reset her phone and this calmed it down to less than 4% per hour. The only app she uses is Facebook. She normally did not close out of the app and left it running. I got her to start closing it out each time she used it.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
After the update I noticed for the first few days that my 1520 heated up. Make sure you let the battery go to 0% and die to recalibrate it. Turn off all background task in battery saver and unpin Cortana from start screen as that helps too even tho I don't and battery is great. Big games like fifa and GTA will heat the phone up a lot. Small games like angry birds don't

oboboy14

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
What's a power cycle?
And yes I charge it up to 100% everytime but now the problem only occurs when I open a certain apps like the Nokia camera ��, internet explorer, and games which causes the heating around the lens area.

Power cycle is the term I learned for powering on and off your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos