No Install Local apps Found

W

WPCentral Question

Dear WP Experts,

I recently purchased Lumia 520,i am trying install apps from my PC.
For doing the same i came to know that we need INSTALL LOCAL APPS option on Store App,but unfortnatly this option is not available on my phone,i tried all the possible ways i upgraded the OS version from 8 to 8.1 also but still not able to see.

Appreciate your help on this.
Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & regards,
Vijay,
90102 15284.

Bhargavi Thati

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
No its on my Phone.Say when you select store app when we click on three dots at bottom right i have options like my apps,downloads,settings except except ''install local apps"how can i get this option.Please help.

Thanks in Advance!

Bhargavi Thati

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It's only present if a XAP file is present on the SD card.
Ans:So do you mean SD card is mandatory for this app to be available in store on my phone?

Do you want to install them manually from a PC or using the store website from the PC?
Ans: Ok,Here are the steps i am following.
1.Downloading the XAP file on to my PC from windowsphone.com
2. Copying the downloaded XAP fine in Phone memory,also as an alternative copied onto SD Card also.
3.Restarted the phone,as per different blogs i read if we select the "install local apps" option on phone we can install app manually on phone. But unfortunately my phone does not have this option itself.

Please help on this.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
And these will be apps you have acquired by legitimate means? (ie you've used the "download and install manually" link for the relevant app in the store. If, however you are referring to apps acquired by "other" means, then this isn't the forum to be asking in as that equates to piracy and promoting such isn't tolerated here.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First off, apps you want to install with the option "install local apps" need to be downloaded from the web store. Trying to install other, dubious XAP files won't work, as whatever you're trying to install needs to be digitally signed by Microsoft. Secondly, apps you want to install need to be placed in the root folder of either your SD card or the phone. That's where the store app is looking for them.

Bhargavi Thati

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

First off, apps you want to install with the option "install local apps" need to be downloaded from the web store.
Thanks for the response i tried to intall app "install local apps" from store on my phone but when i search with the keyword "Install local apps" i did not find any such app available on store,can you please me to locate the app so that i can download it onto my phone.

Thanks in Advance!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You can't find what isn't there: there's no such app as "install local app". Explore the settings and other screens in the store app (don't look for apps, look for options).

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

First off, apps you want to install with the option "install local apps" need to be downloaded from the web store.
Thanks for the response i tried to intall app "install local apps" from store on my phone but when i search with the keyword "Install local apps" i did not find any such app available on store,can you please me to locate the app so that i can download it onto my phone.

Thanks in Advance!

You have to use the web store (The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States)). Pick any app you like and scroll down. Somewhere on the bottom left is a link that says "download and install manually". Klick that and save the app on your PC. Connect your phone and move/copy the recently downloaded XAP file over to your device or SD card (root directory). Disconnect your device from your computer again, open the store on your device, tap the ellipsis (3 dots on the bottom right). It should now show the option "install local apps". Tap that and it shows a list of all XAPs it could find. Pick the one you want to install and you're good.

Bhargavi Thati

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Highly appreciate your support,that z exactly i am doing :( when i press the 3 dots at the bottom right(after move/copy the recently downloaded XAP file over to my device) i can see all options except "install local apps".i have seen many forums with same issue i did not found solution in any of them,please help.

Rifqi Zen

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
The thing is, my wp also dont have the "install local apps" recently. I mean RECENTLY because it was there before...i dont know if this new update from Microsoft but, when you look to the official web for wp and want to download manual xap NOW...you cant, you will be redirected to Microsoft web instead...

Plz help if anyone can fix this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes