Stuck in headset mode

W

WPCentral Question

My Lumia 520 is stuck in head set mode.

When I press the volume button it will only show changing the headphone volume.

Callers can hear me but I can only hear them unless on speaker or plug in a head phone. I have searched the forums and tried the various "fixes" and none work. (been a week). need help please!!!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 520 is stuck in head set mode.

When I press the volume button it will only show changing the headphone volume.

Callers can hear me but I can only hear them unless on speaker or plug in a head phone. I have searched the forums and tried the various "fixes" and none work. (been a week). need help please!!!
1) Try a soft reset
2) Clean the headphone jack using a wet ear bud, with the phone turned off. Let it dry for 2 hours, and turn it on again.
By the way, even if you put in headphones, Windows phones have this unique feature-they ring through both the speaker as well as headphone(This was originally intended for people who left their headphones plugged in and forgot all about it, and kept wondering why they weren't getting any calls.)

aschaps

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I faced this long back..To get rid of this, I just repeatedly inserted my headset and tried to play something and remove it back.At one point of time the thing got set

This! I had the same problem on my Lumia 920 when it first came out. It finally fixed itself by plugging/unplugging headphone while as it's trying to transition to playing a sound. So basically making calls or playing music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos