Outlook.com Calendar - Meeting organizer not receiving "accepted/declined" etc notifications

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Outlook.com Calendar - Meeting organizer not receiving "accepted/declined" etc notifications

I know this question isn't explicitly WP, but it's definitely related.

Here's my scenario. Several months ago myself and members of my family stopped receiving "accepted" notifications when we accept each others calendar/meeting invitations. We are all using your standard hotmail/outlook.com.

What used to happen was I could create a calendar event on my windows phone (my old hotmail is my MS account) and I could add attendees - usually my family members. They would receive the email, and would select accept from the reply options on their WP. It would then add the calendar entry to their calendar and I would receive an email notification that they had accepted.

I no longer receive this notification. The other members of my family experience the same issue when sending their own calendar invites from their WPs.

I tested sending and accepting invites strictly using outlook.com's web interface from my PC and I experience the same problem.

I suspect this is a setting on outlook.com but I have been unable to find it.

Does anyone else experience this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Outlook.com Calendar - Meeting organizer not receiving "accepted/declined" etc notifications

Well the desktop outlook simply uses imap or the hotmail connector to sync with outlook.com. It's just an email application.

I use Outlook with my hotmail/outlook.com email all the time as well. What I'm saying is that outlook.com calendar used to send notifications when people accepted /declined calendar/meeting invites and it no longer does. I'm not talking about that feature for exchange which can be controlled by settings in the Outlook desktop app - I'm specifically referring to the calendar in hotmail/outlook.com accounts.

I have a suspicion that this was removed by Microsoft. I can't be the only person to have noticed or to be experiencing this considering my whole family is experiencing this with their email accounts as well.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Outlook.com Calendar - Meeting organizer not receiving "accepted/declined" etc notifications

Well the desktop outlook simply uses imap or the hotmail connector to sync with outlook.com. It's just an email application.

I use Outlook with my hotmail/outlook.com email all the time as well. What I'm saying is that outlook.com calendar used to send notifications when people accepted /declined calendar/meeting invites and it no longer does. I'm not talking about that feature for exchange which can be controlled by settings in the Outlook desktop app - I'm specifically referring to the calendar in hotmail/outlook.com accounts.

I have a suspicion that this was removed by Microsoft. I can't be the only person to have noticed or to be experiencing this considering my whole family is experiencing this with their email accounts as well.

That's possible it was removed.

I have an Office 365 subscription, so I have Exchange ActiveSync.

Mjabrams

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue in both the outlook desktop application as well as on outlook.com - and i am a 365 (business) user.
Has this been resolved? or still a bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234