8.1 issues vanished on my Lumina 1520

Ross Starkey

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have a couple of random questions re 8.1. I've been running the developer preview for a few months and to be fair its been getting worse in terms of performance and apps crashing especially xbox music which I know has had issues with performance. Anyway I could not live with 8.1 anymore so reset my phone over the weekend. And here's my questions
1 I assumed the reset would put it back to pre 8.1 but its put me back to 8.1. Any ideas why?

2/ The phones runs like a dream including xbox music which I think is still the same version I had pre reset, not sure how the same version now runs so much better?

I can't believe a reset seems to have solved all of my 8.1 issues.😃

Thanks.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset will not change the operating system or firmware on the phone so if you have already updated either one of them, those will stay unless you manually perform a recovery to a previous version. Many of the issues on the developer preview were related to the upgrade process, by starting with a clean state of resetting you phone, it resolves most of these issues. Some issues required a firmware upgrade which is Cyan. In order to upgrade the firmware, you need to download and use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool and connect the phone to a computer. This will, once again, perform a reset, wiping out the data on your phone. Depending on your region/carrier, you might get 8.1 with Cyan automatically or you might get 8.0 and have to do phone updates from the phone in order to get 8.1 and Cyan. For the 1520, Cyan and 8.1 is officially available for nearly all regions and carriers but you an verify for sure at Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia
The other thing is on the developer preview, GDR1/Update 1 including live folder support and many minor fixes is available. You would have to enable developer preview again in order to download (Don't do this until you have all the phone updates including Cyan without developer preview) or you stay with the regular 8.1 and wait for your carrier to push the update to your phone in the next few months.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05