Lumia 520 gets No service problem

rv_valusa13

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I have recently purchased a new nokia lumia 520 black. Two months later , it was dropped in water, but Its not damaged.But a day after, I found that my network gets NO SERVICE problem. So that, on my friend's suggestion , I have changed my cut micro sim to a new sim , then I have found that I am getting signal but not more than 3 bars on it.

Then , I decided to check it in nokia care, then they said it has motherboard problem , but everything is working except signal that too, it fluctuates when I go away from signal tower. Then after, I have repaired it in a local store. But the problem was not solved.

So I remained calm . Few days back, I found my phone signal working properly with out any fluctuation. But it was limited to few hours only, again it came back to same situation.

So , yesterday I have done factory data reset on my lumia 520, from then it has worked well without fluctuation. So I thought, it must be a Software problem.But now , Again I am facing same problem. I tried every single choice I have got, but nothing did solve the problem.

Finally, I am not sure whether it is due to hardware damage or software damage.

Please suggest me how to proceed,I am fully in a dilemma.
:shocked::cry::angry:
Regards.
RV

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Well it's mostly a hardware damage since software damage can only happen with well... a software.

Water is the bane of electronics there's no lying about that, and honestly even if they only fixed the motherboard, the modem inside the phone might be damaged (sounds like a damaged modem anyway) since water goes EVERYWHERE. Switching the modem requires a highly skilled technician that knows a bit of soldering if you know someone in your area I suggest you talk to him, if not then there's not much of a choice but switch phones.

rv_valusa13

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear buddy,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. Even I was thinking same but I am not sure about it. But now , I will gather information and will do the same thing you told me. I will get back to you , thanks a lot once again.

rv_valusa13

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Surprise to me, I recently updated my Lumia 520 with wp 8.1 cyan. As we know, it has No service problem , I did not find any improvement in it .Actually ,I have not repaired it with switching modem but .....Two days ago, I found the phone is working properly with wp 8.1 .

I have no idea of it , but I am really happy and surprised .

However, I have a small doubt whether it will work for long or not. But now, its ok and I am happy with my mobile.

Finally , I want to know that how did it happen ? Do u have any idea. Please give me a reply.

Thanks,

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? First time hearing that (on a phone anyway) usually when this happens on a PC it's a driver issue but on a phone? I mean it could of been a corrupt firmware but then again I'm not so sure since I do believe they verify the download to make sure nothing is corrupted then install. Unless you never updated your 520 before :p

rv_valusa13

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

As I told you, I have done factory data reset , then it worked properly for sometime. Based on this, It will become a firmware problem.
Acutally, I am from INDIA, WP 8.1 version has been recently released here, So I willingly updated it myself thinking whether it could solve my problem . But immediately I got no change in signal issue. It has happened three days later of the update.

Secondly, to be true,
thinking it as Signal problem also, I switched to other local network on the same number but It did not give me any solution. One thing to remind is , I said that it had worked suddenly for the first time after dropping in water, was on a cut micro - sim which is of other local network as I am using two numbers with me.

Finally, whatever happened is surprising to me.

But bad thing is, the nokia care service provider here is such a waste of my time as he did not re install my phone software before going to repair on it. I pity on them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos