App lock on windows phones

Rohit Kochar Jain

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys., though the Windows Platform is good and its UI is great when compared to the rest platforms , there are "MANY" apps still missing in WP platform. One such app is the APP LOCK , like the AppLocker on iOS and App Lock on Android ., there's a HIGH NEED of such an app in Windows Phones.,which can LOCK ALL UR PHONE APPS.
There are a few third-party apps in WP Market like the *applocker* , *app locker-pro* , *whatsapp lock* ; which are "NOT OF MUCH USE" as these apps can lock ONLY the apps that are on the start screen as live-tiles.
There is this feature of Kids Corner on windows phones , but that still doesn't solves this issue !
I'm starting this New Thread as I BADLY NEED AN APP THAT CAN LOCK MY SOCIAL NETWORKS & "SPECIALLY" MY WHATSAPP. :/
I hope that the Windows Phone's Apps Developers take a SERIOUS NOTE of this thread and come-up with a Highly Integrated APP LOCKER app on windows platform. :)
wassay guys.....? :D
btw , I'm a Lumia 920 & Lumia 520 User from India ;)

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
now, understand the situation. WP offers environment which is like a sandbox.
ur app cannot go out of the box. that's why, its completely virus free and secure.
now, if u go on into WP 8.1 with update 1 (currently available in Developer Preview only), u will get a feature called "apps Corner"
in which, u can decided which apps to be displayed and can be accesses by anyone who handles the phone, and other apps u can make them secure, only to be opened by you.

Surendar Sadh

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I also need App locker which lock Whats app. Please release Whatsapp lock ASAP. For Andorid and IOS has this feature why windows is taking so much of time. I think due to this reason i may move to Andoird or IOS version.

I am waiting for Whatsapp lock from past 6 month onwards. All Bakwas whats app lock is coming but correct lock you are unable to build. Microsft is bigger company but can't fix this small issue? It is really shame on Microsoft organization

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I also need App locker which lock Whats app. Please release Whatsapp lock ASAP. For Andorid and IOS has this feature why windows is taking so much of time. I think due to this reason i may move to Andoird or IOS version.

I am waiting for Whatsapp lock from past 6 month onwards. All Bakwas whats app lock is coming but correct lock you are unable to build. Microsft is bigger company but can't fix this small issue? It is really shame on Microsoft organization

buddy, read the above posts. its not any problem or fault or an issue to be fixed. u r asking a complete change in the core of OS. WP OS is built on sandboxing concept, and that's the reason we don't have virus on this OS (not to forget extreme privacy and security).
there might be a feature, which allows us to create an app lock, but definitely not possible now. u can use an app lock app available for free, which creates a password locked tile. but the app can be launched from the app list without password. it's just a face lock for those, who do not know WP much.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Shreyans: How come those Photo Locker apps work then? They have implemented a good password protected app and it works well. Why can't WhatsApp provides an option to password protect the app while launch? If its possible for Photo locker apps, it should be possible for WhatsApp devs too. Correct me if I am wrong.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You should understand how sandboxing works. An app can provide password at its own app level, the photo apps work because they move the photos to a folder within the app and not the OS default folder, the passwords acts as the key. WhatsApp could do that but its upto it's developers to decide, not Microsoft.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, that's what my point is! Its upto devs and they can do it!
You can take examples of other secured apps like key locker that allows you to store sensitive info by providing password protected launcher screen!
At teh app level - it is POSSIBLE and developers should implement it.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Shreyans: How come those Photo Locker apps work then? They have implemented a good password protected app and it works well. Why can't WhatsApp provides an option to password protect the app while launch? If its possible for Photo locker apps, it should be possible for WhatsApp devs too. Correct me if I am wrong.

photo lockers are lockers for files (media files). they cannot lock an app. further, these locker cannot lock photos in ur gallery, u have to copy them in that app.
these photo lockers are just apps with password lock on themselves. in that case, whatsapp itself must introduce password option. i am unaware if such option exist in whatsapp on any OS version.
but, that's very true that, Whatsapp devs can introduce password locking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6