Can Action Center be turned off?

W

WPCentral Question

It seems that WP is continually adding features which is great because I love options. I don't use a ton off apps when on WP and prefer to just pin everything. I'm just curious, can the Action Center be turned off? FYI, I am not currently using WP and fully understand that many will like the ability to quickly access, BT, Wifi, etc. Just wondering.

Jason Stewart

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
So far there seems to be no way to turn it off. But if you don't want to use it, it is as simple as that. Just don't use it. Just because it is always turned on does not mean it has to be used. It is quite easy to avoid use if that is what you would prefer

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It seems that WP is continually adding features which is great because I love options. I don't use a ton off apps when on WP and prefer to just pin everything. I'm just curious, can the Action Center be turned off? FYI, I am not currently using WP and fully understand that many will like the ability to quickly access, BT, Wifi, etc. Just wondering.

no u cant if u r on wp 8.1
it is a built in feature
like in the other operating systems

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can turn that feature off completely, as it's part of the system. But, the Action Center isn't something that will actively get in your face if you don't use it. So if you do not like it and not use it, you won't even know it's there.

For the notifications, you can turn off notifications from each app in the Action Center settings, so you don't have to see those as well.

Although, since the Action Center's top four (or 5, depending on your model) toggle tiles are literally just utility tiles that you will likely pin on your start screen anyway, it shouldn't make any difference to you.

rodney0905

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not using WP currently and invite the functionality but was just curious. What about the toggle tiles? In Android, you can have one or two toggles or a bunch if you'd like. I searched but can't seem to find an exact answer on how customizable the toggled in the AC are.

Sent from my LG-D851 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos