Is it possible to block SMS without blocking calls?

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if there's a more appropriate place to post this but I'll try it here.

I have a 'friend' who recently got his first smartphone and discovered texting. He has a history of emailing long rambling rants, forwarding links to news stories or websites he finds interesting, etc. As a result I rarely check emails from him, we talk on the phone often though. Now that he's gotten into texting he's continuing this behavior. I let it go for awhile figuring he's new at this and just playing with it, but it got annoying quick getting long rambling strings of texts going on for 7 pages, some were just a bunch of emoticons he found and pasted. I finally had enough and told him to please stop, told him some basic texting etiquette. Keep it short and simple, texting is different than email in that it has limited characters and that it's rude and inconsiderate to send long texts that carry on for 5, 6, 7 or more pages. Please send those in an email I said, to which he has so far refused to do. I've finally decided to block him, but this blocks his number too so I won't receive phone calls either. I can't find anything in the settings that would allow me to block only SMS and not calls, is that possible?

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to have that option. Open text, 3 dot settings only have 'delete thread'. Is that something new on 8.1 update? Maybe I should note that I'm on Lumia 920 att, haven't got the 8.1 yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre