Looking for 2 niche Apps . Any available?

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for an IRC client that is as close to mIRC as possible (ssl, bouncer etc) and also a newsreader (nntp) A quick Store search brought nothing of interest, can anyone recommend either piece of software for WP8.1.1? TIA

fooirc

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Give Foo IRC a try. It is not at mIRC's level, but it may meet your needs for a mobile phone. It has more options than any of the other WP IRC client. (Full Disclosure... we made it :angel:)

As for a newsreader, if you are familiar with RSS and already have or have no problem creating a Feedly account, NextGen Reader is an great app that is well supported by its developers. It has live tile support and is highly customizable if you don't like the defaults for retrieving or opening articles.

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
@fooirc, thank you, your app is exactly what I was looking for, it's actually a lot better than I was expecting for a phone version of IRC. Hope you keep it updated with more advanced features added if possible. I'm not too familiar with Feedly, when I said newsreader I was meaning the 'old' style nntp 'giganews' 'usenerserver' type text groups, I'm not arsed about binary (nzb) files but really need access to the text groups. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon