I need a home automation solution for my house.

My important needs are as follows:
    -Need to be able to turn on/off lights remotely.
    -need to monitor if doors and windows are open or closed
    -cameras with pan/tilt ability (zoom is a bonus), recording ability or record motion then send to email or SkyDrive (ahem, I mean OneDrive)
    -of course, compatible / integrated with WP8 and W8

Optional:
    -fire alarm sensor, water leak sensor, thermostat (though I do have a Nest already, and using a third party app to control it/the website)

I saw an article one time about Insteon having an app for windows phone 8 and windows 8. I'm looking at their technology and it seems good, but I worry about the ecosystem (seems like they are the only ones making hardware) and the price (a little bit pricier than z-wave or zigbee devices).

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can go about this? I am a newbie in home automation, I have a limited amount of funds, but I want a good starting foundation technologically (so I can expand it in the future), so longevity is a must as well. Is there a one solution to this, or am I going to be using multiple devices from multiple companies.
    08-13-2014 08:37 PM
    Insteon seamlessly here. Backwards compatible. Dedicated wp and w8.1 apps. Great online chat support. Cheers!
    10-10-2014 08:41 AM