Lumia 928 and 920 on Cricket wireless Please help!!

W

WPCentral Question

I am looking to buy either the lumia 920 or 928 (preferably the 928) but i need to know first if the 928 will work on cricket wireless which uses att network.It is known for the 928 to work on att but only get hspa speeds and some people say they miss their sms mms and stuff but calling works, but i haven't seen or heard of any resolutions for this issue..Lastly if the 928 wont work good on cricket wireless (which once again uses att's network) will the 920 work on it good (which is an att phone)??I want to be sure that i have good speeds (absolutely nothing lower than 4g, like 3g and edge) and also recieve all my messages and can make phone calls...

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for replying and if 928 wont be too good on cricket wireless then do you know what other good no contract networks it might work better on, that have good coverage and lte, and btw i started this thread i just did it as a guest and then made an account afterwards

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for replying and if 928 wont be too good on cricket wireless then do you know what other good no contract networks it might work better on, that have good coverage and lte, and btw i started this thread i just did it as a guest and then made an account afterwards
I wouldn't recommend the 928 in the US unless you have Verizon.

Have you considered the 925 if you don't like the 920?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the lumia 925, but the problem is i am no longer with tmobile and am not looking back, and they wont provide me with the unlock code so i need i new unlocked lumia.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I currently have the lumia 925, but the problem is i am no longer with tmobile and am not looking back, and they wont provide me with the unlock code so i need i new unlocked lumia.

What about a T-Mobile MVNO? Straight Talk has T-Mobile SIMs. There is also MetroPCS, which uses T-Mobile's network. You wouldn't need an unlock to use either of those.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Net10 worked good on Icon as well as 1020, including MMS & SMS, though you will see data speed H+ on Icon. They have both AT&T and TMO working networks and the one I saw working good was the ATT. You might want to try there TMO network, might be able to use your existing phone.

us66

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an ATT locked 920 on Cricket. Tiger Direct had them NIB for $150 earlier this summer, they might still. LTE works, albeit at that throttled speed. However, and this is a big one, MMS does not work for me- I managed to either send or receive one or two, don't remember which, but it doesn't work at all now. I joined Aio (predecessor to Cricket) with an ATT locked 520 (similar problem) and later a Verizon 822 (LTE didn't work, but regular 4G is pretty quick. Chatting with the guy on the website solved nothing, Cricket's website instructions don't work for any of the three phones.

PS The 925 was (is?) also sold ATT locked. Nice phone, but same compromises as the 920/928 (non-removable battery, no SD support) and also only 16GB, AFAIK.

920lvr

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I tried my ATT 920 on Cricket and couldn't get the text photos (MMS?) to work, plain texting worked. And like one guy said, Cricket personnel were no help. So I bailed and went to ATT, where I figured MMS would work and it does. Phone has 8.1. The problem with ATT is it's kind of expensive for me and would like to go back to Cricket or another carrier that is around $35-40/month.

How can I tell if my phone is unlocked or not? The guy I bought it from said it was unlocked, using it on TMO.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried my ATT 920 on Cricket and couldn't get the text photos (MMS?) to work, plain texting worked. And like one guy said, Cricket personnel were no help. So I bailed and went to ATT, where I figured MMS would work and it does. Phone has 8.1. The problem with ATT is it's kind of expensive for me and would like to go back to Cricket or another carrier that is around $35-40/month.

How can I tell if my phone is unlocked or not? The guy I bought it from said it was unlocked, using it on TMO.

The best way to test the unlock is to borrow someone's SIM from another service and see if it works...

Straight Talk is Unlimited everything (talk, text, data, 411) for $45 a month. The first 3GB each month are high speed data, EDGE after that. Be sure to get the AT&T compatible SIM. http://forums.windowscentral.com/bl...-sim-$0-99-free-over-night-thru-dec-19-a.html

There are less expensive plans, but they usually have less data. Either less at high speed. Or a cap. After the cap you might be cut off or face a charge...

List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb