Lumia 1520 vs Lumia 930?

Braiyd222

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm in NZ and have been using a Lumia 520 for about a year. The other day I dropped my phone one time too many and the screen shattered. I decided that it was time for me to upgrade to a high-end phone, and am unable to decide between the Lumia 1520, which I could probably get for about $650 (NZD), or the 930 at $750 +.
Which phone should I get? I'd love to hear all your opinions, thanks.

Last edited:

Baubausaur

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same dilemma between 1520 and 930. (Am using note 2 now and decided to swtich over to window phone for sure)

The size of the 1520 matters to me. However a phone's battery life is as important to me as well and so far the 930 battery review ain't that good :(

Dilemma...

cyrilthemilkman

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Having exactly the same dilemma. My mother-in-law has the Galaxy note 2, and I love the size of the screen and that is attracting me to the 1520, but also like the 930 aesthetically. There are some apps on android that just run better and look better on the larger screen and wondering if that would be the case on the 1520, but seeing as I'm running the 820 as it is, either phone would be a screen upgrade.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Having exactly the same dilemma. My mother-in-law has the Galaxy note 2, and I love the size of the screen and that is attracting me to the 1520, but also like the 930 aesthetically. There are some apps on android that just run better and look better on the larger screen and wondering if that would be the case on the 1520, but seeing as I'm running the 820 as it is, either phone would be a screen upgrade.

Yes, either screen will be an update. If you don't want to spend too much money and are in the USA, go for the 1320 it is now available for about $270 for the RM-995 which is the Latin American variant which gets full LTE on TMO/ATT in the USA.

cyrilthemilkman

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Arghhh... forgot about the 1320, don't add more options, not sure I can cope!!! I am in the UK though, so we get right royally ripped off on most things. Money isn't really an issue, as I'll be getting it on a monthly contract so long as it isn't stupid money. Cheers for the help, may have to look into the 1320 now as well, not a phone I know a lot about.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Arghhh... forgot about the 1320, don't add more options, not sure I can cope!!! I am in the UK though, so we get right royally ripped off on most things. Money isn't really an issue, as I'll be getting it on a monthly contract so long as it isn't stupid money. Cheers for the help, may have to look into the 1320 now as well, not a phone I know a lot about.

I am in the UK too. Don't get ripped off with a contract. Do what I did. I went to littlewoods.com and got the 1520 on a buy now pay one year later with no interest to pay. Give it a look mate. I know Woolworths online has the same deal as they are owned by the same company but for some reason there is a hundred pound difference for the same phone lol but you can pick a yellow 1520 if available. Do that mate. Why get into a contract to get a phone. Just pay whatever you want each month and if you complete the payment in 12 months you don't get charged any interest. Doing that now myself

Jaafarj

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If I had the option, id go with the 1520. Recently updated my 620 to a 1320 and no screen size looks tempting!!! 6" <3 .. <-- this coming from someone who thought 4.5" or more was ludicrous HAHA

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
That's super advice, I could then negotiate a cheaper pay monthly contract with my provider. I've got an unlimited data plan at a really good price so don't want to lose that.

What you can do is go on giff gaff. It's not a contract and they have great top up plans. For twelve pounds will get you 250 mins, unlimited net and unlimited texts. Or for the same price get 500 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of 4G which is great as I use Wi-Fi mostly and when I do use 4G its blazing quick

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure? I've seen a LOT of complaints about the 1520. In 15 hours, I'll have to decide which one to pick, 1520 or 930. I'm going crazy.

Dude you can't go wrong either way. But people are reporting more issues on the 930.

As long as you don't mind the screen size the 1520 is definitely the better buy.

Enjoy your new smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3