Cyan updated on L520..battery is draining fast

vshvar

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my Lumia 520 to wp8.1 yesterday. After the update the battery is draining fast and the mobile getting heated up very fastly..is this occurring only in my case or any others facing the same problem???

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem...was waiting to test it out & let it optimise over the weekend & if the draining doesn't slow down then am planning on doing a hard reset on monday

NO wifi, mobile data, already turned off location & all possible background applications..don't see what could be causing the drain.... even when the screen if off most of the time.
I think my phone has caught ebola :crying: (No disrespect meant to the victims )

maktaba

Banned
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Oh no! I was hoping that when Cyan was released in my country installing it would stop the battery drain in my 520 which currently has dev preview update 1 installed, and now you're saying it would cause further battery drain!

Srikanth3d

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here with Lumia 520 after updated to windows phone 📱 8.1.
Battery draining very fast. Almost double Fast when compared to wp 8 version.
No apps running in the background.
Battery lasts only for 8 hours.

Srikanth3d

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have done soft reset and problem solved. Try it yourself and check if battery draining slows down before going for hard reset

But I have noticed that battery consumption on my Lumia 520 is more in WP 8.1 than WP 8

lasm2000

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I never solved that on my Lumia 620, and that included hard resets and updating all the way to wp 8.1 gdr1. Actually, with the update to 8.1 GDR1 the phone got plain unusable with random reboots and extreme unresponsiveness. I eventually had to downgrade to wp 8 GDR3 with Nokia Recovery tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon