08-19-2014 01:59 AM
53 123
tools
    In Vietnam, there has been quite plenty of Windows Phone (mostly Lumia, if not all) since the time of the Lumia 920 and 820. In my city, there are posters in front of supermarkets and a few scattered on the streets. Recently there also have been Lumia ads on TV, Lumia 1020, Lumia 630,... or even Nokia X (not Windows Phone, but it's Nokia :p).
    k0de likes this.
    08-16-2014 04:05 PM
    Here in Indonesia, I think I "advertised" Windows Phone to my friends (through my 1020) more aggressive than Microsoft/Nokia through their ads...

Sadly though, they never paid me for that...
    k0de likes this.
    08-16-2014 04:39 PM
    In the Netherlands Microsoft advertises with the Lumia 630 for 130 euros. They not only advertise in Amsterdam but also in small towns (30.000 inhabitants). They advertise manly at bus stops.
    That's great to hear. I wish this approach is in their future marketing plans for New York.
    08-17-2014 08:38 PM
    In India people know WP devices but Microsoft is not aggressive as Samsung or now iPhone also (in India)
    Same here in NY Samsung and iphone are very aggressive. But not many people know Windows Phone here. MSFT need to pick up here if they want to complete,
    08-17-2014 08:41 PM
    I don't see any where I live. Would love to see something every once in a while. Worse still, is the fact the places that sell Microsoft/Windows Phone products barely even advertise in the stores. Every time I go into Best Buy, every single tablet running Microsoft is powered off, not logged in, or completely drained of power. Same for our AT&T store. Recently, our AT&T store had a Surface 2 on display that was just showing the log in screen. I asked a rep if they could log in for me, but was told that they didn't know the password. Seriously?? lol In comparison, all other brands are powered up, and ready to play around with.
    That's a known problem in many places. Where do you live?
    08-17-2014 08:43 PM
    I think the sharing of media and information freedom has given tremendous boost to Android
    I believe the same. Play store and the app store buttons are everywhere.
    08-17-2014 08:45 PM
    I've been in Quebec City and now Ottawa/Gatineau and I can confirm that there's no love for WP here. When the 920 came out Rogers did put out a single banner for it and that was it. Beyond that no advertisement and it didn't help that Bell (largest telecom in the country) had the Samsung and HTC WP which sub-par hardware and support from the makers. Only Rogers at the time had the high-end WP.
    k0de likes this.
    08-17-2014 08:46 PM
    Have seen absolutely no ads on billboards or buses & so, but yes to newspapers & TV ads (terrible ones though).
    Another thing worth pointing out is that, it feels like companies that advertise are almost ashamed to admit that they have developed apps for WP as well, cause I always see that the apps for iOS & PlayStore are displayed on the ads, but not WPstore, even when their app is available.
    A promising fact though is that I have seen phones like the L620 & L1020 popping up in a lot of other ads.
    Agree. Where do you live?
    08-17-2014 08:47 PM
    Here in Tehran, there's a few Nokia X ads on highway billboards, but sadly nothing about Windows Phone.
    And of course there's many Samsung, LG and Sony on highway billboards.
    Yeap. What is MSFT waiting for?
    08-17-2014 08:50 PM
    In Vietnam, there has been quite plenty of Windows Phone (mostly Lumia, if not all) since the time of the Lumia 920 and 820. In my city, there are posters in front of supermarkets and a few scattered on the streets. Recently there also have been Lumia ads on TV, Lumia 1020, Lumia 630,... or even Nokia X (not Windows Phone, but it's Nokia :p).
    Have you seen an increase of Lumias users in Vietnam? On a daily basis what's the average number of Lumias you see in the wild over there?
    08-17-2014 08:52 PM
    Here in Indonesia, I think I "advertised" Windows Phone to my friends (through my 1020) more aggressive than Microsoft/Nokia through their ads...

Sadly though, they never paid me for that...
    Don't stop take one for the team. Im doing the same here in NY. All for free. Lol
    bijak_riyandi and elmacho like this.
    08-17-2014 08:55 PM
    I actually saw the Cortana vs Siri ad finally. I wonder if MSFT has a marketing division. They need to be providing people with a reason to buy a WP.
    08-17-2014 09:00 PM
    I've been in Quebec City and now Ottawa/Gatineau and I can confirm that there's no love for WP here. When the 920 came out Rogers did put out a single banner for it and that was it. Beyond that no advertisement and it didn't help that Bell (largest telecom in the country) had the Samsung and HTC WP which sub-par hardware and support from the makers. Only Rogers at the time had the high-end WP.
    Good to know.

Sadly MSFT has to step its game in ground level advertising. It is evident from the response from many members of these forums that by far iPhone, Samsung, and Android are doing this very well.
    08-17-2014 09:00 PM
    They do but their whole budget was spent on Xbox ads :P
    08-17-2014 09:03 PM
    Here in Brazil only on television about the Lumia 630 with the Katy Perry background music. That's all you'll get from Microsoft advertising here...
    08-17-2014 09:08 PM
    Agree. Where do you live?
    Am from India
    08-17-2014 11:55 PM
    Have you seen an increase of Lumias users in Vietnam? On a daily basis what's the average number of Lumias you see in the wild over there?
    The number of Lumia users has been increasing since the launch of the 520. I've spotted lots of 520's here and there. There are other Lumia's too, but mostly 520. Anyway, the increasing is visible.
    elmacho likes this.
    08-18-2014 12:33 AM
    Seeing a lot of ads for the Nokia Lumia 630 dual SIM :) in India.
    08-18-2014 12:40 AM
    The number of Lumia users has been increasing since the launch of the 520. I've spotted lots of 520's here and there. There are other Lumia's too, but mostly 520. Anyway, the increasing is visible.
    Yep,i heard during the pocketnow podcast that WP had around 25 % market share in Vietnam.They were wondering what was driving the sales,well, seems to be the trusty L520 after all :)

As Vaibhav already said,i see a lot of ads for the Lumia 630/635 on tv and lumia ads in front of most mobile shops in my place.Not surprised considering its the 520`s successor which sold well here too.Nowadays,i see a lot of people with lumias (720,520) whenever i am in a supermarket,its a good sign.Most people are also becoming aware that now it can do almost everything an android can for a normal user and are considering it when they go to purchase a new phone.

Some offers should also help boost sales imo.The 520 had an offer a few months back and i have no doubt it helped.
    08-18-2014 03:47 AM
    I am really frustrated with these guys they have a world class OS and they are ******* it up,
    08-18-2014 03:58 AM
    In Australia, we literally get 0 unless it's on YouTube.
    08-18-2014 05:56 AM
    They advertise their xbox ones so well but when it comes to WP....
    LTTG likes this.
    08-18-2014 06:07 AM
    Nokia ads are EVERYWHERE here in Jordan! Streets, malls etc....
    08-18-2014 06:08 AM
    I have noticed a steady decline in advertising on the street, when the 920 was announced i would see a billboard here and there plus sometimes from retailers like carphonewarehouse (rarely EE, most of the times they would hide behind another phone..). I saw a few by O2 after EE's exclusivity period ended, which says something doesn't it?

I was hoping may be now that the 930 has been out for awhile and has one or two ads on TV (same as the Lumia 630), they would have been pushing the 930 hard.

But I hardly see any adverts on billboards, bus stops, buses, train stations etc. We are in a dire need of a "ground breaking" flagship specs wise to show case Windows Phone (although it is don't need it, however try explaining that to the average joe - "Oh the Samsung has a Octo-Core processor" - it is bound to be insanely fast compared to the "crappy dual core" on windows phone )
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 08-18-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
    08-18-2014 07:37 AM
    I see some ads for some low end WP handsets and even Nokia X. The real problem is that I have seen ONLY ONE ad about a local app that was also available in the WP store. 99% app ads are "available on Google Play and App Store"
    08-18-2014 08:04 AM
53 123