MSFT or Windows Phones ads in your City?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am just curious about MSFT ground level advertising. By ground level I mean billboards on highways, ads on buses and bus stations, trains and train stations, movie theaters, local news papers etc.

I'm in New York and sadly I haven't seen any for MSFT or Windows Phone. But plenty for IOS and Android.

What about you. When was the last time if any that you saw a MSFT ad at ground level?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you seen an increase of Lumias users in Vietnam? On a daily basis what's the average number of Lumias you see in the wild over there?
The number of Lumia users has been increasing since the launch of the 520. I've spotted lots of 520's here and there. There are other Lumia's too, but mostly 520. Anyway, the increasing is visible.

elmacho

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The number of Lumia users has been increasing since the launch of the 520. I've spotted lots of 520's here and there. There are other Lumia's too, but mostly 520. Anyway, the increasing is visible.
Yep,i heard during the pocketnow podcast that WP had around 25 % market share in Vietnam.They were wondering what was driving the sales,well, seems to be the trusty L520 after all :)

As Vaibhav already said,i see a lot of ads for the Lumia 630/635 on tv and lumia ads in front of most mobile shops in my place.Not surprised considering its the 520`s successor which sold well here too.Nowadays,i see a lot of people with lumias (720,520) whenever i am in a supermarket,its a good sign.Most people are also becoming aware that now it can do almost everything an android can for a normal user and are considering it when they go to purchase a new phone.

Some offers should also help boost sales imo.The 520 had an offer a few months back and i have no doubt it helped.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a steady decline in advertising on the street, when the 920 was announced i would see a billboard here and there plus sometimes from retailers like carphonewarehouse (rarely EE, most of the times they would hide behind another phone..). I saw a few by O2 after EE's exclusivity period ended, which says something doesn't it?

I was hoping may be now that the 930 has been out for awhile and has one or two ads on TV (same as the Lumia 630), they would have been pushing the 930 hard.

But I hardly see any adverts on billboards, bus stops, buses, train stations etc. We are in a dire need of a "ground breaking" flagship specs wise to show case Windows Phone (although it is don't need it, however try explaining that to the average joe - "Oh the Samsung has a Octo-Core processor" - it is bound to be insanely fast compared to the "crappy dual core" on windows phone :eck: )

Last edited:

Soulstream

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I see some ads for some low end WP handsets and even Nokia X. The real problem is that I have seen ONLY ONE ad about a local app that was also available in the WP store. 99% app ads are "available on Google Play and App Store"

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
In the last few weeks here in the US I've seen the Siri/Cortana TV ad multiple times on SyFy, History, AHC, BBCA, and TNT. Billboards in this part of South Carolina only advertise local businesses, not things like phones. Not many buses here, and little advertising of any kind on them. Dunno about newspapers or magazines, don't read any.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720