MSFT or Windows Phones ads in your City?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am just curious about MSFT ground level advertising. By ground level I mean billboards on highways, ads on buses and bus stations, trains and train stations, movie theaters, local news papers etc.

I'm in New York and sadly I haven't seen any for MSFT or Windows Phone. But plenty for IOS and Android.

What about you. When was the last time if any that you saw a MSFT ad at ground level?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
In the Netherlands Microsoft advertises with the Lumia 630 for 130 euros. They not only advertise in Amsterdam but also in small towns (30.000 inhabitants). They advertise manly at bus stops.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any where I live. Would love to see something every once in a while. Worse still, is the fact the places that sell Microsoft/Windows Phone products barely even advertise in the stores. Every time I go into Best Buy, every single tablet running Microsoft is powered off, not logged in, or completely drained of power. Same for our AT&T store. Recently, our AT&T store had a Surface 2 on display that was just showing the log in screen. I asked a rep if they could log in for me, but was told that they didn't know the password. Seriously?? lol In comparison, all other brands are powered up, and ready to play around with.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
In India people know WP devices but Microsoft is not aggressive as Samsung or now iPhone also (in India)

Ya I second that samsung keeps on advertising the hell out of galaxy grand 2 or note 3.it is harassing indian youth by constantly displaying ad.which inturn tempts folks to get one of those.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
And I also think with respect to India's market every tom,**** harry has an Samsung cheap android phone which is just used for video watching or song listening,the thing android has penetrated so badly that everyone wants to be on the same bandwagon

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No the fact that we Indians think that Google is god nd are invested into Google ecosystem nd services we don't want to try wp.we miss apps like Google maps,Google plus,hangouts which are popular in India.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
India is nearly 90% android which is sad.hope wp atleast get 25% market share.then only all indian developers care for wp.nd we need a device like Moto g.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Have seen absolutely no ads on billboards or buses & so, but yes to newspapers & TV ads (terrible ones though).
Another thing worth pointing out is that, it feels like companies that advertise are almost ashamed to admit that they have developed apps for WP as well, cause I always see that the apps for iOS & PlayStore are displayed on the ads, but not WPstore, even when their app is available.
A promising fact though is that I have seen phones like the L620 & L1020 popping up in a lot of other ads.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya but here also in India iPhone are displayed in advertisement not even Droid.I think this way iPhone is advertised in India rather than iPhone 5s ad.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
And new device xiaomi mi 3 is making people go crazy because it has snapdragon 800 for a throw away price.then Asus zenfone gives u 2 gb ram for as low as 10,000 now android is advertised hell nd lot.

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I am just roughly taking all the major app, if I go in too much depth then many local shops are not present for is or android also say for example local banks , also I think for cabs that would depend on the city in Mumbai you have an app by meru cabs and some others also.

dhugos

May 22, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, I think MS some other work to do before they start advertising on billboards. I love my Lumia 920, but why MS can't get phone salespeople to actively sell them or any other WP, even with all their carrier exclusives - I have no idea. It's like MS doesn't want to gain market share.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
There is a lot of negative perception created by phone vendors. I own a Lumia 1020. I found that a friend of mine had a Samsung Focus. I was seeing how WP7.8 was like. Another friend of mine saw that phone and said "What's that? A Windows Phone? It is so difficult to use! There are no apps. There is no customisation! How do people even use that? Bla Bla..." He hadn't even tried WP. I asked him where he got all that from and he said that a phone vendor told him. I showed him the phone myself and he saw that the old phone worked really great. He was impressed by the fluidity of the OS. MS should try to remove the negative perception in the ads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo