MSFT or Windows Phones ads in your City?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I am just curious about MSFT ground level advertising. By ground level I mean billboards on highways, ads on buses and bus stations, trains and train stations, movie theaters, local news papers etc.

I'm in New York and sadly I haven't seen any for MSFT or Windows Phone. But plenty for IOS and Android.

What about you. When was the last time if any that you saw a MSFT ad at ground level?

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
@prasath the life cycle of an android phone is way less if you compare with WP(software upgrades). Only some of the phones are guaranteed u update others suffer. Future proofing is not there with android. That's a big plus with WP, also some new devices should be announced fast which is where Microsoft is slow again post Nokia saga.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
@prasath the life cycle of an android phone is way less if you compare with WP(software upgrades). Only some of the phones are guaranteed u update others suffer. Future proofing is not there with android. That's a big plus with WP, also some new devices should be announced fast which is where Microsoft is slow again post Nokia saga.

But still people buy android phones instead of WP.that's the state even in India.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is the problem information circulation about the product people are having half knowledge infact sellers are also having sometimes half knowledge so they cant explain about any problem solution

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
If you actually sit at mobile retail shop a customer puts his specific need or budget where all the requirement are fulfilled to the retailer if they don't how a product work what will tell they will give you another option

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
In Vietnam, there has been quite plenty of Windows Phone (mostly Lumia, if not all) since the time of the Lumia 920 and 820. In my city, there are posters in front of supermarkets and a few scattered on the streets. Recently there also have been Lumia ads on TV, Lumia 1020, Lumia 630,... or even Nokia X (not Windows Phone, but it's Nokia :p).

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In the Netherlands Microsoft advertises with the Lumia 630 for 130 euros. They not only advertise in Amsterdam but also in small towns (30.000 inhabitants). They advertise manly at bus stops.

That's great to hear. I wish this approach is in their future marketing plans for New York.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any where I live. Would love to see something every once in a while. Worse still, is the fact the places that sell Microsoft/Windows Phone products barely even advertise in the stores. Every time I go into Best Buy, every single tablet running Microsoft is powered off, not logged in, or completely drained of power. Same for our AT&T store. Recently, our AT&T store had a Surface 2 on display that was just showing the log in screen. I asked a rep if they could log in for me, but was told that they didn't know the password. Seriously?? lol In comparison, all other brands are powered up, and ready to play around with.

That's a known problem in many places. Where do you live?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been in Quebec City and now Ottawa/Gatineau and I can confirm that there's no love for WP here. When the 920 came out Rogers did put out a single banner for it and that was it. Beyond that no advertisement and it didn't help that Bell (largest telecom in the country) had the Samsung and HTC WP which sub-par hardware and support from the makers. Only Rogers at the time had the high-end WP.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Have seen absolutely no ads on billboards or buses & so, but yes to newspapers & TV ads (terrible ones though).
Another thing worth pointing out is that, it feels like companies that advertise are almost ashamed to admit that they have developed apps for WP as well, cause I always see that the apps for iOS & PlayStore are displayed on the ads, but not WPstore, even when their app is available.
A promising fact though is that I have seen phones like the L620 & L1020 popping up in a lot of other ads.

Agree. Where do you live?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In Vietnam, there has been quite plenty of Windows Phone (mostly Lumia, if not all) since the time of the Lumia 920 and 820. In my city, there are posters in front of supermarkets and a few scattered on the streets. Recently there also have been Lumia ads on TV, Lumia 1020, Lumia 630,... or even Nokia X (not Windows Phone, but it's Nokia :p).

Have you seen an increase of Lumias users in Vietnam? On a daily basis what's the average number of Lumias you see in the wild over there?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been in Quebec City and now Ottawa/Gatineau and I can confirm that there's no love for WP here. When the 920 came out Rogers did put out a single banner for it and that was it. Beyond that no advertisement and it didn't help that Bell (largest telecom in the country) had the Samsung and HTC WP which sub-par hardware and support from the makers. Only Rogers at the time had the high-end WP.

Good to know.

Sadly MSFT has to step its game in ground level advertising. It is evident from the response from many members of these forums that by far iPhone, Samsung, and Android are doing this very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos