Downgrade from Cyan on Nokia Lumia 620 to Black

W

WPCentral Question

Hey guys,

I did the update from Lumia Black (8.0) to Lumia Cyan (8.1), not the DP, but having various issues such as slowness (swipes, opening apps, etc), battery draining quicker and IE crashing regularly.

As per other threads on this forum, I've tried the Nokia Software Updater for Retail, but it forces you to update it and then when you try to re-flash the 620, it will only put the Cyan version back on.

Any ideas how I could get the Lumia Black back onto the phone?

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I did the update from Lumia Black (8.0) to Lumia Cyan (8.1), not the DP, but having various issues such as slowness (swipes, opening apps, etc), battery draining quicker and IE crashing regularly.

As per other threads on this forum, I've tried the Nokia Software Updater for Retail, but it forces you to update it and then when you try to re-flash the 620, it will only put the Cyan version back on.

Any ideas how I could get the Lumia Black back onto the phone?

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

You would have to go down the road of Nokia Software Updater and acquire an older ROM to flash using that software. Search button and Bing/Google should pull up a few guides.

stevebick

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
That was my original post. I've tried both the Software Updater and Software Updater for Retail and both only give me the option of the 8.1 update. I didn't see anywhere to specify any other ROM. I've spent the last few days googling and can't seem to get anything other than the newest version. Is there something I've been missing?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
It's a specific one you need. Try putting Nokia Care Suite in your searches. I'm curious though... I've got Cyan on my 620 (albeit the Italian CV version) but I'm having none of the issues you describe. As for the battery though, it was never that good to begin with - the phone just has too many features for such a low capacity battery.

Krishna Prasad6

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Even I too have the same problem now....
I also tried with that of both Nokia Software Recovery tool and Nokia Software updater tools...
But it just again and again installs only Win 8.1 and not taking back me to win 8.0
(In Settings>About> its listed as "Windows 8.1" and not as "Cyan"
My issues are:
1. Phone restarts every now and then, during the restart just "NOKIA" logo appears and phone switches off. again "NOKIA" logo comes and switches off.. This process continues for 10 to 12 times and then it the phone starts up...
2. Sometimes when the phone is turned on, the touch will not work... I have to remove the battery and then i have to start my phone after coming across the first problem listed above...
3. Please help me, what to do next? I am not getting 8.0 and the present 8.1 is the hell for me now...
4. But i love 8.1 for its features...
5. If i reinstall the entire software then the phone runs normally for about 12 Hours and then the same problem continues
6. Someone told me to remove the memory card. I tried the same but no use at all...
PLEASE HELP ME....

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a specific one you need. Try putting Nokia Care Suite in your searches. I'm curious though... I've got Cyan on my 620 (albeit the Italian CV version) but I'm having none of the issues you describe. As for the battery though, it was never that good to begin with - the phone just has too many features for such a low capacity battery.

Ya same is case with lumia 820.i manage with a extra battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa