One Experience Across All Devices?

Jim Powers7

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to the forum but maybe someone can help me. I thought Microsoft's slogan for Windows 8 was "One experience across all Devices." How does that work out when you have a text messaging app or Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone 8 but the only messaging app you can get on the Windows 8.1 PC is Skype. I was going to message one of my contacts the other day from the PC when I found out that I had to buy Skype credit. No thanks. Microsoft should give us a choice between the old messaging app or Skype. One of the reasons I switched to WP 8 was to have the phone and the PC work together. Granted I am a little nutty about that but does anyone else out there want the old Messaging App back on the PC so we can truly have "one experience across all our devices."

Thanks.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the forum but maybe someone can help me. I thought Microsoft's slogan for Windows 8 was "One experience across all Devices." How does that work out when you have a text messaging app or Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone 8 but the only messaging app you can get on the Windows 8.1 PC is Skype. I was going to message one of my contacts the other day from the PC when I found out that I had to buy Skype credit. No thanks. Microsoft should give us a choice between the old messaging app or Skype. One of the reasons I switched to WP 8 was to have the phone and the PC work together. Granted I am a little nutty about that but does anyone else out there want the old Messaging App back on the PC so we can truly have "one experience across all our devices."

Thanks.
They rolled the Messaging app into the official 8.1 Facebook app. I blame Facebook.

Jim Powers7

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Me Tile

Is there some else out there would like to see the 'Me' Tile make a comeback in Windows 10? Thanks! You could check in or post to FB and Twitter simultaneously, it was very convenient

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa