To buy or not to buy - Nokia 1520

W

WPCentral Question

The Nokia Lumia 1520 being almost one year old and WP9 (or 8.2?) supposedly showing up next spring, is buying this phone a good idea, even with its over-the-top specs? It would cost me over 750$, so, you know...

Thanks for your input!

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The phone is the best in the Lumia lineup and it can also upgrade to the rumoured Windows 9.... If its not your first Lumia then go ahead... Waiting for it can be fruitful too.. Perhaps a 925 like phone with Windows 9 can be released

Vincent Beaucher

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Between the 930 and the 1520, I would almost be willing to go all-in and choose the 6" over the 5". I have big hands, so that helps... Also, knowing that the battery of the 1520 is far more stronger would probably be a game changer. The SD slot is not to be ignored too. But in the end, the 930 is not something I'm considering because... it is not supported by my provider!

Vincent Beaucher

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Ashwin J Pillai: Knowing that Microsoft drew a definite line for many devices (like my HTC Radar) between WP7.8 and WP8, why are you so positive that it won't be the case with WP9? Lumias are powerful enough to withstand whatever WP9 is?

As for "If its not your first Lumia then go ahead", what do you mean?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Between the 930 and the 1520, I would almost be willing to go all-in and choose the 6" over the 5". I have big hands, so that helps... Also, knowing that the battery of the 1520 is far more stronger would probably be a game changer. The SD slot is not to be ignored too. But in the end, the 930 is not something I'm considering because... it is not supported by my provider!

You don't need a provider to get the phone that you want. 1520 was not released to any carrier here in Toronto. I got an unlocked one from amazon. Cyan was released 3 weeks ago by Nokia. Now my Hong Kong country variant 1520 RM-937 is now updated with Cyan.

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
@ Vincent some guys don't like wp because it is not as open and what we can say its secure system.. If they buy an expensive phone then they should not regret.. I use 520 and I like it.. Sometime soon I may upgrade but i will be more confident on buying 1520 than the guy buying his first Lumia as 1520.....

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a like new Lumia for zero down, so far so good. I say do it, get a developer account and get the latest updates without the carrier 😁.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos