Is it compulsory to downgrade the developers preview(DP) to WP8 system to receive Cyan update?

rohitsars

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey friends, I wanted to know that is it compulsory to downgrade the (DP)8.1 OS Update to WP8 system to receive Cyan update or else Microsoft will avail the direct official update of cyan for DP users in future.?
Please help.!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This topic has been covered several times. The upgrade was initially available but lately stopped due to problems with phones that Bitlocker enabled. Yes, they plan on resuming the upgrade to DP users in the future but nobody knows when or if they will be unable to do so for technical reasons. In the meantime, you have to flash with the Nokia Recovery Tool, wiping out everything on the phone. Depending on your phone or carrier, you might directly get Cyan and 8.1 after flashing or you might get Black and 8.0 and have to perform a Phone Update to get Cyan and 8.1.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No it is not compulsory, it is optional to downgrade to 8.0 to get cyan when available. If you wish to wait until the cyan is rolled out for the preview program then that is entirely up to you, how long it will take for them to fix the bitlocker issue is anybody's guess.

If you wish to downgrade to get Cyan, check if cyan is available for your device Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan update tracker | Windows Phone Central back up and then use the Nokia recovery tool to downgrade.

Check the link below on how to downgrade:

Windows Phone 8.1 Preview users still need to downgrade their OS in order to get Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

If you are on Update 1, then do not restore, re-enrol, install update 1, do a hard reset and restore.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Before you download to 8.0 to get 8.1 and cyan I want to quickly tell you what happened to me. Not to put you off... But to make you aware. When I got my 1520 I was given 9 free Xbox games via promo code that I used on DP 8.1 When I downgraded to 8.0 then to 8.1 with cyan I lost all the Xbox games and can't redownload them again it I never did pay for it due to the code so I lost all my Xbox games. If you have Xbox games through a promotion then I would suggest to wait. If not..then go for it..really easy to do and cyan makes a big difference on my battery life

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos