Nokia 1020 will NOT connect to computer no matter what

W

WPCentral Question

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 theses are it's specs:

Model: NOKIA 909
Software: Windows phone 8.1

My computer is a 64bit windows 8.1 hp envy 15t

-I bought the Nokia Data sync cable specific for my phone (from a nokia retailer)
-Ive turned my phone off and connected it to my computer
-tried multiple usb ports
-updated software (this morning)
-I have Windows media player 11 and everything
The reason why I made a new post is post is because no solution is working and at this point I'm wondering what else I can do. I'm so frustrated with Windows phones

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain.

In the old days of Nokia and Symbian, phone to PC connections were rock solid. Now, not so much. Two issues I 've had are:

1. Not recognizing the phone is attached.

2. Data transfers (music files) stopping.

IIRC, I got resolution on #1 by uninstalling the WP PC program, and then reinstalling it. I am able to overcome #2 on my 810 by removing the SD card and plugging it directly into my PC at an appropriate port. Unfortunately, my new 925 can't do that, and sure enough, same old problem arise.

Don't know if this is helpful, hope so.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 theses are it's specs:

Model: NOKIA 909
Software: Windows phone 8.1

My computer is a 64bit windows 8.1 hp envy 15t

-I bought the Nokia Data sync cable specific for my phone (from a nokia retailer)
-Ive turned my phone off and connected it to my computer
-tried multiple usb ports
-updated software (this morning)
-I have Windows media player 11 and everything
The reason why I made a new post is post is because no solution is working and at this point I'm wondering what else I can do. I'm so frustrated with Windows phones

You said you updated software,is this on the phone or the computer? It may be an idea to go to the Microsoft website and download the drivers from there for the 1020 incase a file got corrupted. (its the drivers that gets installed automatically when you first hook the phone up to the computer for the first time so it recognizes the phone)

SARJINDER KAUR

May 10, 2014
Visit site
@zziom, you stated that you turned your phone off, "I've turned my phone off and connected it to my computer" - hence it wasn't just me assuming you were making a silly mistake. I was merely pointing out that for it to be recognized by your computer it had to be on and unlocked

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
@zziom, you stated that you turned your phone off, "I've turned my phone off and connected it to my computer" - hence it wasn't just me assuming you were making a silly mistake. I was merely pointing out that for it to be recognized by your computer it had to be on and unlocked

Certainly has to be on but not sure what you mean by "unlocked." In the US, that means able to connect to other carriers. If you mean the lock screen, it doesn't have to be "unlocked." Mine connects just fine with my black Glance standby screen on.

Actually, no app is needed on the PC. Your Windows PC sees the phone as a Mass Storage Device. The folders are accessible in Windows Explorer. The app for PC or Media Player is just a front end for things like moving files and synchronizing.

Ryan Mangipano

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Try this: Unplug the phone from PC, Disable WiFi on Phone, reboot Phone, unlock, reconnect

Hello,

I was having the same issue on my Lumia 1520. After searching I found a post online and followed the steps. This fixed it for me. I figured I would share the steps here in case it might help others.

1. Unplug the phone from PC
2. Disable WiFi on the Phone
3. Reboot the Phone
4. Unlock the phone (meaning enter your pin if one is setup)
5. Reconnect

My phone was enabled for the dev preview.

Thanks,
Ryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)