Reframe vs crop

atbp1020

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
hello guys, i am wondering is there a difference between reframing and cropping in terms of image quality?

on our phone there is an option to reframe..am i going to have better image quality if i will do this instead of cropping before i do post processing?

speaking of post processing., which one is better if you are going to edit your photos?the 5mp format or the 34mp format.

thank you :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The reframe option in Nokia Creative Suite will crop the larger, full quality photo - resulting in better image quality. I think that the crop feature works on the lower resolution photo....

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Whatever effects you apply to a picture always has a direct impact on image quality. So if you're using the high resolution picture for editing, you will have a lesser recognizable impact. But you would have to use an app that is able to open and edit the high resolution images. Otherwise it will always only be the low resolution one that's edited. Which in most cases is good enough anyways. If you truly want to edit photos, move the high resolution ones over to your PC and use Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, GIMP 2 or similar.

Regarding crop vs reframe... Cropping is exactly what it has always been: removing unecessary/unwanted parts of a picture, determined by a rectangular selection. Reframing on the other hand lets you zoom in the high res picture and/or rotate it and then save what you've altered as low resolution image (overwriting the existing one). The high resolution image will always be left untouched.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99