I am missing some features in windows 8.1

W

WPCentral Question

Hi, I just updated to windows 8.1 on my Lumia 520 and I noticed there are some things I can't do with the new update. For starters Cortana is nowhere to be found, I checked in my settings and it is not there (I live in the United Kingdom). I cannot use 'Project my Screen' with or without a usb connecting cable. And last of all I can't create live folders.

I know this is a handful but any help would be much appreciated. Am I the only one having this problem? Do anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just updated to windows 8.1 on my Lumia 520 and I noticed there are some things I can't do with the new update. For starters Cortana is nowhere to be found, I checked in my settings and it is not there (I live in the United Kingdom). I cannot use 'Project my Screen' with or without a usb connecting cable. And last of all I can't create live folders..

Cortana in the UK is only available with Update 1 which is only available if you sign up to the developer programme. It's supposed to be available for general release before the end of the year.

G.

Stef8600

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
For your 3Project My screen" problem take a look at

google it: this is already mentioned on the site lumiamine

sorry, i tried to paste a link but wpcentral does not allow me to put links in my posts because my number of posts is not (yet) sufficient (?)

Grtz

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I live in UK too BUT have Cortana and not on DP just change region,keyboard and language to American. Each one of these 3 features will reset the phone. Don't be alarmed. When you switch to American language you will automatically download American language then make sure its on top of English language. Make sure American keyboard is above English keyboard. And its all done. That will be one thanks and like please 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs