Speakers broken on Windows Nokia 920

W

WPCentral Question

My speakers are not playing any music out loud and I can't hear anyone on the other end of a call. The ringer works and it works when I put head phones in, but not anything else. How can I fix this? Is it fixable?

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It sounds as if it may be a hardware fault, but it may be worth backing up what you can and trying a hard reset if that is not too drastic for you.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

randomguy1

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I happened to come across this post while searching online so I've made an account, as I had what appears to be the same problem. Anyhow, it sounds like the phone is stuck in headphone mode and thinks there are headphones plugged in, so doesn't play sound out of the speakers. To resolve this problem, I tried a hard reset but it didn't help. What I had to do was physically swap out the headphone port. It's quite easy and much cheaper to do it yourself but if you're not comfortable doing that you're probably going to have to go to a professional.

All it takes is undoing the two screws at the bottom of the phone, popping the shell off (though the rest of the phone will be attached to the case by the micro-USB port) and pulling the headphone port from the case. You can also push it through with something small and thin from the top. Then you just put the new part in it's place, lining up with the hole on the case, snap the case back on then put the screws back in. I'd recommend looking on YouTube for a video guide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett