Anyone else with these bugs (8.1u1)

Tim Laux

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

First post on WPC. Been snooping around for a while. I have a Lumia 822 on Verizon in the US. I've been running the 8.1 DP since May and I've been loving it for the most part. I have not gotten the Cyan update yet. But I have a few issues and I was wondering if anyone had similar problems.

1.) Cortana is slow to open or it fails completely. It'll dim the screen and say loading...and then will just fail. Sometimes it just takes forever.

2.) Extreme keyboard delay. I've only observed this in Messaging. A lot of times I'll type one word and then it will just freeze. I can continue "ghost typing" for a while and if I wait long enough all of the text will show up...but that can literally be 1-2 minutes later. Really aggravating.

3.) Icons for standard apps (Camera, Alarms, Calculator etc) have disappeared. They are now just grey boxes in the apps list and if pin them they are transparent or system color with no icon.

Well that's all for now, but im curious of others have these problems because I haven't found anyone who had after searching.

Thanks.

Vicky Krishnatrai

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just enable Preview for developers and check for update. If you find any update then install and if not then you need to reset your device. It will work and don't forget to take backup before resetting. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire