Hello,
    I am new to this, but I have a question that I have never had a solution to. For some reason I am unable to receive updates for my Lumia 920. I have tried checking manually and still don't get any updates such as windows 8.1, amber, black, cyan, or cortana. Please I need help with this. I still have windows 8.0 and I believe windows 8.1 is out but I don't have it. I love nokia, but it is unfortuante that I have or am still missing out on the extra features. Please i need assistance.
    Thanks,
    Ken.
    08-18-2014 07:14 PM
    Odds are 8.1 + Cyan is not available for your device.

Please go into Settings and look at extras+info - does it say anything like Lumia Amber, etc.?
    08-18-2014 07:24 PM
    I'm having same issue. My phone says "Lumia Black". My apps won't update and even the time is wrong LOL Maybe I should provide a bit more info: when I try to update, it tells me "The Microsoft Account service is unavailable right now. Try again later." Well, it's been telling me that for months. TIA.
    Last edited by Jastow; 08-18-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    08-18-2014 10:03 PM
    no, it does not say anything like Lumia Amber. infact i installed preview for developers app, and instead of showing me the terms and conditions as seen on the youtube video i watched, it shows only the "done" option.
    08-19-2014 04:59 AM
    Still unable to update any apps. Depending on what black Friday sales are happening, I will probably trade it in on something else while it's still worth something.
    11-08-2014 11:53 AM
    I'm having same issue. My phone says "Lumia Black". My apps won't update and even the time is wrong LOL Maybe I should provide a bit more info: when I try to update, it tells me "The Microsoft Account service is unavailable right now. Try again later." Well, it's been telling me that for months. TIA.
    Still unable to update any apps. Depending on what black Friday sales are happening, I will probably trade it in on something else while it's still worth something.
    Your Microsoft Account won't sync while your date and time are off... That's the root cause of your Apps not updating.

Go to Settings > region and ensure you are on the correct setting there

Go to Settings > date + time > toggle "Set Automatically" to off > select your correct time zone > set date manually to correct value > set time manually to correct value

Go to Settings > email + accounts > long tap (hold down on) your Microsoft Account name > when the popup happens tap "sync" and wait for the sync to finish

​Now try updating Apps...
    11-08-2014 12:45 PM
    Thank you for the suggestion. I had checked that and everything was correct. I ended up performing a factory reset and the apps now update.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-16-2014 05:24 AM