Updates for my Nokia Lumia 920

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I am new to this, but I have a question that I have never had a solution to. For some reason I am unable to receive updates for my Lumia 920. I have tried checking manually and still don't get any updates such as windows 8.1, amber, black, cyan, or cortana. Please I need help with this. I still have windows 8.0 and I believe windows 8.1 is out but I don't have it. I love nokia, but it is unfortuante that I have or am still missing out on the extra features. Please i need assistance.
Thanks,
Ken.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having same issue. My phone says "Lumia Black". My apps won't update and even the time is wrong LOL Maybe I should provide a bit more info: when I try to update, it tells me "The Microsoft Account service is unavailable right now. Try again later." Well, it's been telling me that for months. TIA.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having same issue. My phone says "Lumia Black". My apps won't update and even the time is wrong LOL Maybe I should provide a bit more info: when I try to update, it tells me "The Microsoft Account service is unavailable right now. Try again later." Well, it's been telling me that for months. TIA.

Still unable to update any apps. Depending on what black Friday sales are happening, I will probably trade it in on something else while it's still worth something.

Your Microsoft Account won't sync while your date and time are off... That's the root cause of your Apps not updating.

Go to Settings > region and ensure you are on the correct setting there

Go to Settings > date + time > toggle "Set Automatically" to off > select your correct time zone > set date manually to correct value > set time manually to correct value

Go to Settings > email + accounts > long tap (hold down on) your Microsoft Account name > when the popup happens tap "sync" and wait for the sync to finish

​Now try updating Apps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12