Is it possible to manage the 'other' folder on storage sense?

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'd just like to know if its possible to manage the 'other' folder that shows on storage sense. I've tried connecting to a PC but there seems to be no folder called 'other' there.
Thanks

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'd just like to know if its possible to manage the 'other' folder that shows on storage sense. I've tried connecting to a PC but there seems to be no folder called 'other' there.
Thanks

MAYBE, indirectly ... tap TEMPORARY FOLDER & delete, sometimes reduces size of OTHER folder.
It also may contain cached files from IE / Cortana.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No, it is not possible to manage the "other" folder both on the phone as well as PC, the only way to reduce it is hard reset or any software update, this is one more reason i like to be on developer preview as i get updates after every few months and get to reduce the other size, the last small update(yesterday) on Dev preview reduced my "other" from 400MB to 4MB :)

And small amount of Other storage is expected, you can google and find that even iphone has "other" storage, it just means files which are left over and the OS can't understand or read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs